how many crickets should I feed my new baby veiled?

chuito

ok guys I'm getting my new baby veiled today from flchams he is about 2 months old and my question: about how many crickets should I feed him everyday? I have been reading the threads and looking around the web and books, but can't seem to find a number.
I work close to a petstore so buying the crickets won't be a problem. I have been gut loading about 30 that I got 2 days ago with vegies, a crickets dust called MONSTER it is supposed to be high in calcium for gutloading and for water source I have been using the cricket quencher calcium fortified. I also have the fluker's repti-cal with and without vit.D3. I'm planning on dusting the them with the repti-cal w/o D3 beforeevery feeding and using the one with Vit D3 about twice a month what do you guys think.
by the way this is going to be my first cham I have been reading and getting all his stuff ready for a few months now trying to have everithing perfet for him since I know that they are more sensitive that allmy other reptiles and need a litle more care.I have some pythons,2 bearded dragons and can'twaitformy new baby to get here.

At that age, I'd give him all that he wants.......15 to 20 probably a day..... 1/4 inch crickets. You will want to offer silkworms and other feeders also. It's ok to cut back on cricket some when he's eating other feeders. You will want to dust with plain calcium just about at every feeding. D3 two to 3 times a month and a multi once or twice a month.
Have you read the Raising kitty blog?

yes i did and that was what i was thinking so thanks for the info and so fast that is why I love this forum.;)

just got my new baby GREAT!!!!so I'll get back to you guys in a few min. got to set him on his new home. and start dusting his food so he can start his breackfast when ever he feels like it today:):D
thanks for the info looking foward to get more involved in the forum since I'm oficially a cham owner now.:cool:

Hey so my baby Pasquale is about 2 months and I feed him about 15 a day and lately he's been eating all of them and wanting more. Should I give extra? I feed him from a cup on the side of his cage. When I put them in in the am he goes over and eats them all. I do about 8-10 am and 8-10 at supper and in between he's looking for more?? He's a pig

My little girl is like that too. I give her extra plus I have different worms and flightless fruit flies that she loves. Also put veggies and fruits so she has plenty of food in her habitat

Back
Top Bottom