how long till you cham wakes up?

mismo2

how long does it take for your chams to wake up? my cham seems to be a slow riser and will chill for 4 hours before going to bask.

My guys usually are in their basking spots by the time I turn their lights on now that the sun comes up early.

Yea, I've noticed mine getting up before the lights go on. The sun coming through the windows lights the room up pretty well though. He'll usually take his time getting to his basking spot. Keeps an eye on my as my bed is below his cage.

My chams get in their roost spot about 20 min befor lights out, but i notice they stay awake for a little while after, but when they wake up it eat, drink, and bask.

I work weekends so i turn on my lights around 6:30 am before i leave for work and he is usually sleeping still, he of course opens his eyes and gives me the cham glare:D. I turn the lights of at 9 EVERY night. He is usually getting ready to go to bed at this point or already asleep. On the weekdays i turn his light on around 8 or 8:30 am and then off again at 9pm.
He is a slow riser as well.
Is it normal for him to nap during the day? just wondering?

my lights are on a timmer set for 6 am to 730 pm every day due to work.

Is it normal for him to nap during the day? just wondering?

chams should not be sleeping during the day, wish i could put more down but hopefully a senior can put more info down about that

my lights are on a timmer set for 6 am to 730 pm every day due to work.

chams should not be sleeping during the day, wish i could put more down but hopefully a senior can put more info down about that

i told a senior about it and they didnt really say much......I have read that it is not good BUT they never say what it means.....:confused:

sleeping during the day means there is something wrong going on.
The closing eye symptom is a generic response that can mean pretty much anything.
Perhaps, it is equivalent to human getting a headache.. It can mean anything from "you need to eat" to "you got a brain cancer."

But, the general consensus agree that it is not a good sign.

Perhaps, you can start a new thread in the health clinic and answer the question listed on the sticky "How to ask for help."
Then we can help you narrowing down the possibilities.

If your chameleon do take a nap during the day, i suggest get your vet # in handy.

my lights come on at about 6 AM , he's basking by 6:30, his mister comes on at 7:00 he goes for a drink and then is back in his basking spot.

My guy wakes up just before the lights come on and goes straight to bask! Normally for an hour before he does anything else! If some food walks past him he'll take it, but he won't go looking till later on! :D

Um, yeah, as said, sleeping in the day normally means something is up! He does have quite a long day, my lights are on from 6:30 till 19:30 and he normally heads off to be around 19:00.

Is he actually asleep? Do his colours go to his sleeping colours? Are his eyes active at all?

Slik JIM... good questions.

Is the cham sleeping or is the lighting causing him to close his eyes???

Mismo... what lighting , brand and type are you using? UVB, tube or CF? 5.0 or 10.0? Basking ???

His eyes are open though out the day, only blinks when i mist.
I'm using a normal 60w house inconsistent for the bask (28°c - 82°f) 20 ambient and a exo tera 4' tube with 5% uvb 30% uva

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom