How do I...

hanna145fancy

How do I attach branches to my new cage? It is 24t X 12w X 18l and is a wire mesh like screen. Any sugestions on how to get my branches and vines to stay up? Im getting a young Panther Ambilobe from kammer.

I drill small holes in the ends of my branches and use fishing line to tie them onto the sides of my cage. Looks very clean imo...

small cable ties. black ones at HD are about $ for 100. The plain ones (longer) are not much more. Tyler Stewart (BlueBeast) uses screws and grommets to attach branches. Tyler if you read this maybe you can post. If not, I may still have a pic he sent me. It was very clean and sturdy. Granted, you need to be pretty sure where you want your branch so you might want to wait after you have played around for awhile. I hang shower curtains on three sides and use cable ties thru the top then I hang branches and plants from those ties so they serve double duty. They are only now beginning to get brittle and break - that's after about nearly 2 years of use.

I use the wire in regular household telephone quad cable. If you strip away the outer jacket , you get 4 strands of coloured small guage copper coated with insulation . Its cheap and will slip through the finer screen meshes, without needing to damage them.

Back
Top Bottom