Hot mesh, dangerous?

Aquaseafoam

I got a basking light (100w) since it is getting cooler in the house. His UVB bulb used to be enough, but now its too cold in the house.
Anyway, I'm worried about the wire mesh getting too hot and him walking across it. He does use the mesh a lot to get around, and has walked along the top before too. I see lots of pics of people's setups with the basking lamp just sitting on top of the cage, so I'm wondering if my concerns are unnecessary? Will he burn his feet on the mesh?

I got a basking light (100w) since it is getting cooler in the house. His UVB bulb used to be enough, but now its too cold in the house.
Anyway, I'm worried about the wire mesh getting too hot and him walking across it. He does use the mesh a lot to get around, and has walked along the top before too. I see lots of pics of people's setups with the basking lamp just sitting on top of the cage, so I'm wondering if my concerns are unnecessary? Will he burn his feet on the mesh?

i used 75w bulb. and so far no burn.
i think u should be careful w/ a 100 w bulb.

Welp, I checked the mesh a while ago and it doesn't hurt my hands, its really warm, but I wouldn't call it hot. I guess I overreacted, the darn fixture is HOT so I assumed the mesh would get really hot too.
He has so much spunk today! poor guy, I didn't realize he was cold before.
I got some turkistan roaches which move around a lot more than the dubai, and he LOVES them! I never thought I'd say this, but after dealing with crickets- I love roaches too!

Back
Top Bottom