hornworms in uk(want to get some)

I looked for some of those ages ago,there are probably some about but because they are banned they wont be advertised, silk worms are good if you can get them, they seem hard to get hold of these days.

As already said, they are considered a pest in the UK. Likewise, we can get locusts which are illegal in the US for the same reasons!

cheers mate, im gunna order some, how many do you feed to your cham, or r they only as a treat.

We got them off ebay at first then got a leaflet with them for the actual site and we have orderd from there ever since, i just got 120 of them :p lol cause zuggie went right off his crickets so i switched to them cause he cant get enough of them, they also help with hydration i read so bonus!!, he eats around 5 medium ones a day, they have enough nutrients in them to be a main feeder like ur crickets are :)

Locusts are illegal here? Hmm....I've seen them flying around a ton though.

They're illegal to sell, so as to not to spread and increase the populations already present to areas/numbers where they damage crops further. Also locusts are not the same as grasshoppers, which is what you may be seeing.

keeping

do u keep them in a tank like u do for locusts, or do u have to do it another way, defo gunna try elmo on them as he can be abit funny with locusts sometimes, but will eat marios.r they expensive to buy or ok.

do u keep them in a tank like u do for locusts, or do u have to do it another way, defo gunna try elmo on them as he can be abit funny with locusts sometimes, but will eat marios.r they expensive to buy or ok.

Yeah i cleaned and sterilised my cricket box out, cut out a piece of mesh and sat them on that, they need to be on somthing that has small gaps in so there poo drops through and u can empty it out daily cause they cant sit in there own poo cause they dont have an immune system so if they get ill they will all get ill, as i learnt from misslily ;) but if ur only gonna buy 30 at a time u can put them in your old locust box or cricket box u get, just make sure u clean it out properly and u get a little peice of mesh with the worms and u can use that it fits in perfectly, u also get quite alot of food with the worms! I think there about 4 quid for 30 u get food with that too tho n then there postage witch is about 2-3 quid so its worth gettin about 60, its almost garenteed that elmo will like em if he likes his mario's, zuggie likes his marios but there not too good for them not easy to digest do ive been told.. Here some pics just took em now so there not brill lol :)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1335298528.717189.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1335298528.717189.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 455
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1335298580.168712.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1335298580.168712.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 340
They're illegal to sell, so as to not to spread and increase the populations already present to areas/numbers where they damage crops further. Also locusts are not the same as grasshoppers, which is what you may be seeing.

Well I didn't see grasshoppers, but I just googled a locust and that's not what I'm thinking of either. What I'm thinking of hand wider wings.

If they eat the special chow that the feeder shops sell, they are fine to feed. If they eat privet, you shouldn't feed them off.

Back
Top Bottom