HelppP!!!

LuckyFitto

so i havent fed my chameleon for a while due to not enough time for a trip to the closest place for food (30 min away) i know its bad... but finally today i got them and fed him. i put about 10 meal worms in his cage and he ate about 7 or 8 of them. but now he is acting weird, such as laying on the ground, sleeping (?) or clinging upside down on the vines/branches/leaves... is he just digesting his food?? any help is amazing thanks!!

According to your past posts, this is a 7 or so month old animal. There is no excuse for not feeding. You could have killed him and still may have. You cannot tell me that there is not a single source of crickets (pet store, bait store) anywhere near you. He needs to eat every other if not every day.

Yes. That is a long time. Imagine how you would be feeling if your mom and dad didn't feed you for a week.

I think the best thing that you can do at this point is ask if there is someone on this board who can take your chameleon from you, and give it a home with a grownup who understands what responsibility is.

You may think that you are a capable person, and not a mean or cruel person, but you have tortured your pet.

Please, allow someone else to take care of your chameleon, and please do not get yourself another pet for several more years.

As to feeding your cham meal worms and the other issues at hand, you should be feeding crickets not meal worms. Make sure to mist his plants in his cage well several times a day until someone can pick up your pet from you.

You need to spend some time thinking about what you have done here. You have been starving an animal in your care. In some states, that is punishable by law. It's called neglect. When parents do it to children, they go to jail.

alright you all need to calm down. hes moving around right now im sure hes fine. in the wild a chameleon might not be able to find food for several weeks. think about thaT?? im looking at him right now hes moving around, so ya im sure hes fine. and im pretty sure i know all the pets stores around my house, considering i live here. and that is the closest one my friend.

Last edited:
Well sounds like you got it all figured out. So I am not sure why you even posted on here?

Goodluck

Might want to consider changing his name..... why on earth would you post that on here anyways, that was hardly smart, also feeding a starving cham 10 meal worms at once wasn't good either... they are for treats and that being the only food source your giving him (im sure of) will lead to impaction which will again kill him... so either starve him or feed him to death its your call, I would spend a little more time reading and learning on here rather than arguing and trying to tell others you know whats going on ... also if you lived there you would've seen your animal suffer....You also said that they go for weeks without eating in the wild, he isn't in the wild anymore and its not his fault he couldn't find anything to eat dude...its up to you now....

LuckyFitto...do you dust the insects with any supplements? Gutload them before feeding them to your chameleon? Feed the insects a nutritious diet? Have a UVB light or provide direct sunlight (that doesn't pass through glass or plastic) for your chameleon? Do you have the appropriate basking temperatures for him? Hydrate him well?

If you buy medium crickets, they are easy to keep alive for several weeks (so you won't have to worry about going to the pet store), easy to gutload and feed well before you give them to the chameleon.

Back
Top Bottom