Help!! Where to buy pinhead crickets in Los Angeles, CA!

Chamouflage

I have two baby veiled chameleons. I ordered 1,000 pinhead crickets online from a seller recommended at this site. The crickets arrived today, but only about 20 were alive, which sucks big time. This is the reason why I need to find a place where I can go a purchase if not pinheads, at least very small crickets. I just don't want my poor chams to starve. I'd really appreciate any help.

I have two baby veiled chameleons. I ordered 1,000 pinhead crickets online from a seller recommended at this site. The crickets arrived today, but only about 20 were alive, which sucks big time. This is the reason why I need to find a place where I can go a purchase if not pinheads, at least very small crickets. I just don't want my poor chams to starve. I'd really appreciate any help.

have you check the lll reptile stores? not sure if they carry any in stores. havent been to one in forever

OR

go to classifieds and ask if anyone in LA area has any small feeders for your baby cham (dubia nymphs, flies)
there are a lot of forums members who would help you out.

Any pet store should have pin-heads I would think. Petco (at least here in Kansas and if you have one close to you) has two options for pin-heads, their "carry-out" cricket brand and generally in the back. Just go in and ask if they have "small" crickets, they'll either tell you yes we do, or no we've not been re-stocked. The Petcos here always get their cricket shipments early Tuesday morning. I had to use them before I found this site, as this seems to be an "emergency" they might be your best bet...

Did your crickets sit outside for a long time before you got to them? I believe that most of our sponsors have a "live delivery" policy.

Google search for cricket farms in your area. You might be able to pick them up in quantity at a substantially reduced price. I know there are cricket farms in LA because I've read about them in the LA Times.

I'll be picking up 2 week old crickets on Friday. The farm only asks that I call a day ahead so they can box them up before I get there.

If that seems impossible, Petco offers bulk crickets online and,in my experience, their crickets are great. They only charge something like $5 for shipping.

Thank you all very much for all the help and suggestions. To answer some of the questions: No, the crickets were not left outside, my brother received them from the Fedex guy and we immediately opened the box. I indeed went to a number of local pet stores, including Petco, but no one had pinheads or 1/8", not even 1/4" crickets. I also went into the classified forums, but was unable to post there, maybe because I'm a very recent member. I also googled for cricket farms in Los Angeles area, but no luck finding any. Because of this, I have ordered 500 crickets from Fluker's with overnight shipping, so I should receive them by tomorrow and we'll see how many made it a live. Has anybody ordered from this seller before? Again, thank you all for the help and if anybody knows of a specific place in LA to get tiny crickets, please let me know since it'll be useful to know in case of another emergency.

or go to a locally owned pet store and ask if they could hook you up with an order for a box of them thats what I do. depending on were you are be careful if they come from the east side of america cause the crickets from the store that i buy mine from we have been finding brown lecuts or how ever you spell them smuggled away in the boxes and we don't have those here in oregon!!!

I don't know how far away from Rancho Cucamonga you are, but there's a place called Reptile Island in my area. You give them a call two days before you want to get them and they'll have pinheads for you. They sell all sizes for reasonable prices, and they're one of the most honest pet stores I've ever found. I think they have a location in Yorba Linda and Staton too.

Back
Top Bottom