Help! My veiled chameleon is starting to lay her eggs!!

crockywock

I've been away for a few days and I've come home and saw my Veiled chameleon wandering around the cage whilst in the middle of laying eggs. She hasn't laid any, she's still in the process, I can just about see one already coming out of her. She's not actually laying any, it's just hanging there. She's fine wandering around and climbing. I havent bread her yet so the eggs should be infertile. And this is the first time she's laying eggs.

I'm seriously worried- I'm going to set up a sand box for her tomorrow but is there anything else I should do? And do you know how long the laying process takes? Any help would be great!

YOU ARE GOING TO SET UP A BOX TOMORROW??????????? You need to drop whatever you are doing and take care of that girl. She should have had a laying box way before she got to this point. The eggs not being fertile doesn't mean they can't kill her if she becomes egg bound. If you need help with a laying box let us know.

YOU ARE GOING TO SET UP A BOX TOMORROW??????????? You need to drop whatever you are doing and take care of that girl. She should have had a laying box way before she got to this point. The eggs not being fertile doesn't mean they can't kill her if she becomes egg bound. If you need help with a laying box let us know.

Listen to Laurie and get a laying bin now before she becomes egg bound and dies. My blog below will explain how to do it.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/jannb/345-egg-laying-laying-bin.html

I'm on it now. I have literary just walked through the door, noticed and panicked. I can sort out the laying box except I haven't got any sand on my right now. Is there anything else I could use??

You definitely need to set up the container now. It should be at least 12" deep x 12" x8". If you are really stuck for something to use you can bring in some soil from outside and bake it in the oven for a while...cool it and moisten it just enough to hold a tunnel and use it. Digging her a hole might also help at this point.

While she is digging and laying the eggs...don't let her see you watching her.

Back
Top Bottom