Help me ID this Cham

spadefish

I just got a shipment from Exotics inPort St. Lucie. Was supposed to be 1.2 group of R acuminatus. I got a male and femal acuminatus and what I am pretty sure is a male R. nchisiensis. Check out the blue eye turrets. I just want to be sure before I call them and figure out what to do. He seems happy as clam for now.

Attachments

• Nch1.jpg
    Nch1.jpg
    245.8 KB · Views: 106
  • nch2.jpg
    nch2.jpg
    237.8 KB · Views: 105
  • nch3.jpg
    nch3.jpg
    274.8 KB · Views: 104
  • nch4.jpg
    nch4.jpg
    244.5 KB · Views: 78
Yeah, looks like a male Rh. nchisiensis. Could be a couple other species depending on whether it does or does not have pits in arms but they are also advertising Rh. nchisiensis so I'd assume they just mixed what they meant to send you.

Chris

He does resemble a male R. nchisiensis. I have a pic of one at home that I will post later to compare. How big is he?

Thanks, Chris. That's what I figured, but I wanted to be sure. He's in the exo-terra (18x18x18 and well planted) with the two acuminatus and seems to be just hanging out. I will have to find other accommodations for him today.

He does resemble a male R. nchisiensis. I have a pic of one at home that I will post later to compare. How big is he?

He is about a 1/3 of the size of the male acuminatus, so I knew something was up when I took him out of the box. Then he blazed his eye turrets. I hate to ship him again to return him so quickly because of the stress.

Back
Top Bottom