HELP!!!Clumsy Chameleon

Seegs

Hello there,

I have a 9month old nosy mitsio cham. He has been very clumsy these past few months and I cant figure out why. My first thought was his nails.
Reason being is because when I free range him he cant climb up anything and he falls all of the time in his terrarium. it makes me sad :(
I have a dripping system for him as well as I mist him twice a day. He has an exo-terra with glass sides and a mesh top. Could he be loosing his claws trying to climb the thin mesh at the top of his terrarium??

FYI: He has a great heat lamp with 2 UV bulbs at the back of his place. (cant afford the tube style lamp yet for the UV. soon to come)

Maybe there is to much light and it makes his sight bad??? some times when hes at the top of my couch he will just book it and run right off the end and fall.

Attached is a photo of the multivitamin I supply him with every second feeding

Please help me:)

Thank you
Photo on 11-11-16 at 9.15 PM.jpg

I think you should provide the information requested here: https://www.chameleonforums.com/how-ask-help-66/

Just copy, paste and type in your information. Be as specific as possible. If you don't know the brand names of things, maybe you can take pictures. This is particularly true of the lighting and supplements.

I sincerely doubt his problems are completely due to his nails. Hopefully the information you provide will help the experts give you some answers.

According to the research I've done, you are supposed to give them calcium without d3 at every feeding, calcium w/d3 once a week and multivitamins once a month. Repcal is the brand I use. I dust the crickets before I feed them to my Cham. It's also good to take your chameleon out for natural sunning sessions, since the uvb light its only an artificial source. I really hope it's not, but it really sounds like symptoms of MBD.

I looked up minerall and it seems more like a multivitamin. You should try giving him minerall once or twice a month and getting some calcium w/o phosphorus or D3 for every feeding.

Back
Top Bottom