Help check this out. Burn maybe?

poker01619

We were outside all day and everything was normal. I put him back in his cage and left. I was gone for an hour and saw this. Please help me I think it is a burn. I never treated a burn before. Whats the bet think to do. thanks

[/ATTACH] tn.jpeg

Attachments

• securedownload.jpg
    securedownload.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 303
  • securedownload-1.jpg
    securedownload-1.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 194
looks like a minor burn - like a sunburn on us. Check the temps at the basking spot, closest to the light. Probably too hot. If it's a burn, it'll on'y get burned worse if it's not fixed.

same here, just check your basking tamp and maybe move the light off of your cage if its resting on it? im not really sure what that is?

Looks like a minor burn to me too. Thats wild though. I had a veiled the had a burn on his casque but it turned more white than orange but that may be because of the different skin colors.

I talk to my friend anderson he said ''oh my whats that.'' he raises chams and never seen that. so I'm gonna make a app at the vet today. It's still the same and it's been three days:(

If that is a burn that is one cool looking burn I have to say. Don't get me wrong it sucks that it happend and I hope it gets better and heals up nicely...But a fluorescent orange burn..that looks pretty bad ass for colour lol.

Keep us posted on what the vet says I am curious to know what that is, I hope all is well.

They tend to show ultra bright colors when burned slightly. My melleri had glowign while on his back when he was burned 2 years ago. It took nearly a year for the tissue to fall off - including a substantial amount of his spine. Melleri lose their dorsal crest and lobes easily when burned. Other chameleons seem to just regrow the skin after a few sheds. Male veileds will often have glowing yellow/green spots where they've been burned.

If it's a bad burn, it will probably turn black in a few days, scab up, crust over, fall off, maybe regrow... if it turns black, apply silver sulfadazine cream (get it through the vet even if it's NOT a burn - you'll need this stuff eventually). Unless there IS an infection, it's best to just use topical antiseptics. Preventative anitbiotics in chameleons suffering from burns is (In MY opinion) not worth the risk. every burned lizard I've had recovered without infection, with a treatment of topicals only.

went to the vet

The vet (Dr. Beaver) lol had no idea at all. She said maybe burn or fungi. She is doing a fecal sample. Also she wanted to do a biopsy on it. I said no to that right now. I want to get the fecal back first. She gave me some Silvadene cream to put on him once a day. This is so frustrating nobody knows what this is. I'll keep u guys posted please tell me what u think it is. hahahaha Life in cold Blood is on:D

If she don't know, i'd say it's a safe bet it's a burn. chameleon skin reacts weirdly to trauma. In other words, it reacts differently to different stimuli, damages and levels of damage. The skin cells change color in response to the body's signals. If that's inturrupted, or the cells themselves are damaged, they will lose that ability to a degree - sometimes it's more than others. I wouldn't mess with it aside from the silvadine cream.

Back
Top Bottom