Hello & thank you!

blackened

Hello everyone,

My girlfriend (AngieL) and I got our first chameleon just a couple weeks ago. She's a female veiled, about 3 months old. She's quite friendly, has tong and hand fed. Even let me stroke her chin once :). Staples are locusts and salad with the occasional wax or meal worm. Once I get a nice photo I'll upload (she seems camera shy and don't want to stress her).

Before getting her and over the past few weeks we've both been avidly trawling these forums which we've both found to be a fantastic source of information. What a learning curve it's been!

So, it's a pleasure to meet you all and thank you once again.

John

Hey Blackened welcome...if you and your girlfriend breakup, who keeps the chameleon? Just curious...

Hi Jannb, been reading a lot of your posts and your blog about keeping veiled's. Thank you for posting your experiences.

Hi Eltortu :) It would be my girlfriend as it has been an early birthday present for her. However, we've been together for 8 years and neither of us see a break up anytime soon :)

@Tiberius: Thank you :). How silly of me, her name is Teal'c (anyone used to watch Stargate SG1?). When we knew she was coming we were told she was a he, hence the naming after a male character. It was just before she was due to arrive the shop phoned and said it was probably a she, but a big she. However, the name stuck :)

@DavidBuchan: That's a fantastic care sheet. Thank you for the link :). Although I've not come across this particular care sheet (been looking at JannB's blogs), we're ticking just about all the boxes (PHEW!!!).

Only thing we're not doing on that sheet is using a water conditioner. Although water quality up here is good (softest water I've ever had) I guess that's the next investment. Thank you again.

Hi we are happy to have you and your girlfriend - does she have a name????
Your baby is adorable, I love the pictures looking at you like could you just go away? Where are you located? Since to said you will be feeding locust, I assume the UK but who knows? Happy join day to all 3 of you.:):):)

Hello everyone! Thank you for the warm welcome :) this is a great forum with loads of lovely people. I am Angie (Teal'cs mummy)

@laurie, hi! Yes we are in the uk. Well actually we live on an island in the middle of the north sea called Shetland. Not the Shetlands (no penguins or polar bears) kind of in between Norway and Aberdeen.

Thanks again :)

@DavidBuchan: That's a fantastic care sheet. Thank you for the link :). Although I've not come across this particular care sheet (been looking at JannB's blogs), we're ticking just about all the boxes (PHEW!!!).

Only thing we're not doing on that sheet is using a water conditioner. Although water quality up here is good (softest water I've ever had) I guess that's the next investment. Thank you again.

I know, he says it's always recommended - that's the only thing I don't do either.........It's never been a problem for me.
Welcome to Angie and little Teal'c as well :)

Back
Top Bottom