heat cables

doesnt have to be used chameleon wise, but what are some uses for a 15W heat cable? ive had for over a year now that ive never used. wondering if their beneficial or dangerous.

ya eh? never ever thought about using it to warm feeders! i only get roaches on occassion because they are illeagle in canada. there is someone in my area who breeds them to feed to his exotic mammals, but its here and there that hes able to spare some. do you think i could set my silkworms and superworms ontop of the cables and get some extra heat under the containers?

Don't put a lid on the containers or the moisture will make everything nasty.

Why don't you keep the roaches and let them grow out next time you get some? You can always get more later and keep adding to the colony to help it produce better.

i have vented tops on my feeder containers, and my closet is cool and dry to begin with. i will closely monitor the bins a few times a day and make sure moisture isnt building up or mold isnt growing. if i run into mold ill just toss what i have and get more. im only using it for silks and supers.,
reason why is im only able to pick up 1-2 dozen roaches up at a time. and to start a colony slowly i just dont have the time or patients for that. if i could get a few dozen adult roaches, i myself would breed them

I believe Sandrachameleon has several species of roaches and she lives in Canada. I can't remember which part.... Sorry.

i have vented tops on my feeder containers, and my closet is cool and dry to begin with. i will closely monitor the bins a few times a day and make sure moisture isnt building up or mold isnt growing. if i run into mold ill just toss what i have and get more. im only using it for silks and supers.,
reason why is im only able to pick up 1-2 dozen roaches up at a time. and to start a colony slowly i just dont have the time or patients for that. if i could get a few dozen adult roaches, i myself would breed them

I believe we started our colony with around 1-2 dozen roaches. If you feed them well and keep them warm, you can get a decent sized colony pretty quickly. I highly recommend trying it out since they are so easy to care for.

thank you guys, i started a thread a few months back when i was still under the name VeiledOwner87. i got some awsome tips and and hints for keeping and breeding dubias. it will have to wait untill i can get more, and put together a small set up hot enough for all round breeding.

Back
Top Bottom