Hatchling B. superciliaris

mphelps

Established Member
Here's a picture of a just-hatched B. superciliaris. It is a CH'ed animal from my only viable egg.

My WC female superciliaris scattered eggs around her cage without digging a nest. Unfortunately, when I discovered them, all were dessicated except this one. It incubated alone on vermiculite for about three months and hatched this evening.

Hopefully, it is a strong baby. It is my first baby Brookesia. I welcome advice from anyone who has hatched Brookesia.

Attachments

• B super 1st hatchling 120108.jpg
    B super 1st hatchling 120108.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 166
Good luck and congratulations! Unfortunately, I do not have any experience with this species, so I cannot offer any tips.

LPR08

I have kept them as adults but never even seen a baby before. You already know how to cafe for adults from what I see. Congrats and good luck, the baby is adorable.

:Doh my gosh :) im so happy to see a baby. it seems like people arnt very successful with them, esp the rarer species. congratz!!!

Thats really great!! Awesome work!! Do you still have your pair? Would love to see more CB of this species.

I have 2.1. I had two pairs, but one female died after she was in my care for about 6 months. I think that she was simply at the end of her life. In another month or so, I will introduce the remaining female to the males and hopefully she will be receptive.

I hope to acquire additional superciliaris. I am really enjoying this species. They are entertaining captives and totally different from any other chameleon species I have kept.

Back
Top Bottom