Has anyone ordered from Education Science online store?

allllllen

I wanted to purchase some hornworms today and noticed that mulberry farms also carried butterfly larvae cups but were out of stock. So i browsed through the other site sponsors and notice Educational Science had them in stock.
Has anyone used them to order feeders for your chameleons?
Reliable? Quick? Same quality feeders as other sponsors?
Any info would be great.

has anyone fed butterflies before? I was also looking at ordering a cup… but have never tried them before. easy to raise up before feeding?

when i went to mulberry farms i was going to ask this questions and got side tracked. ive been curious about the butterflys too. alittle pricey for feeders though.

i'm terrible with raising feeders apparently, lol...we wound up feeding off the worms before they turned into butterflies....lol

Don't know about raising butterflies, but feeding them to chams is incredibly amusing to watch! I've never seen him more excited about a feeder before, and he likes his food!! Thought he was going to fall off his perch with how animated he was about aiming!

full

Last edited by a moderator:
that's what i was hoping for!!! just couldn't get to the actual butterfly stage! :( wish i could order just straight butterflies!

I was selling butterfly cups and adult butterflies for a while, but the demand was incredibly low despite my prices being 1/4 the price or less of competitors. :(

If I can get a more stable demand I might start up again.

I was selling butterfly cups and adult butterflies for a while, but the demand was incredibly low despite my prices being 1/4 the price or less of competitors. :(

If I can get a more stable demand I might start up again.

I'd be interested! Let us know what you do decide.:)

I ordered hornworm and silkworm cups from Educational Science on the 1st May, and I've still had nothing from them and no replies to emails. Has anyone ordered anything from them before?

i just received some reptariums (sold under butterfly cages) and a mulberry tree from them today.

pretty quick easy experience IMO

has anyone fed butterflies before?
Yes.

I ordered hornworm and silkworm cups from Educational Science on the 1st May, and I've still had nothing from them and no replies to emails. Has anyone ordered anything from them before?
I would say this is the start of their busy season, so give them a little more time to reply. A lot of school teachers get their classroom supplies from them, and I know I started getting calls from teachers weeks ago. Asking me about caterpillars and tadpoles.

Last edited:
I'm happy to be patient, but it's been 2 weeks and I haven't had a reply to any of my emails, so I don't know if or when it was shipped. I'd just order from somewhere else but I don't want huge quantities of worms that I have no idea what to do with if the ES stuff actually arrives! My poorly new chameleon is doing okay on the crickets from Petco, but I'd rather be giving her something different alongside the crickets.

I just had a call, turns out they didn't send me worms, they sent me certificates, labelled with a reference number and 'Painted Lady Caterpillars' with info about feeding painted lady caterpillars. I ignored it, figured it was just a leaflet sent out to customers, but I should have filled it out and sent it back, so they could send me the hornworms and silkworms I thought I'd ordered! They processed the order over the phone and they say I should get the worms tomorrow or Wednesday. Do all feeder suppliers work like this? Was hoping I could just order and pay and they'd be delivered!

Back
Top Bottom