Happy to have survived fall storm Alfred in CT

Picasso123

day 1: lights went out must be bed time?

day 2: not horrible but getting cold there's no lights on either?

day 3: It's in the upper 50s and I'm freezing in here. Oh no the human is coming and trying to play with me. I hiss at him to drive him back but he picks up my entire dowel and what's this I'm floating on a dowel in mid air!!!

Now I'm going in the smaller cage... now we're outside where it's mid 40s and going in to some funny metallic looking box with circles on the bottom.

It's dark in here and I'm moving oh but wait it's kinda dry and warm in here too. I feel music playing?

There's light and I'm moving again, going up some stairs and the lights are on again now. Little cold, little confined in this small cage but it's getting warmer.

Oh boy CRICKETS!!!

9 days we were without power (we don't live in the sticks either) and happy I was able to find him a temporary home at my in-laws who had power. Hope all the other chameleons in CT were so lucky and survived.

Damn - 9 days? that is brutal. Glad you were able to relocate you and your family over to the in-laws. Let's be thankful it is over.

Wow - living here in Oregon - that has never (knock on wood) happened in my 38 years of living here - the most we have ever been without power is like 5 hours! I couldn't imagine! :(

Our electric company hadn't paid the outta state Elec companies who came to help during Hurricane Irene. They owe some 500k-600k. Hence they either didn't come or sent less people this time.

Mind you the night time low was 25F out a few nights too. Our whole state would've suffered even worse if pipes started freezing!!

Back
Top Bottom