GTP not defecating

Rachgreens

Hey, I have a 4 year old female sorong green tree python who hasnt defecated in a little over a month.
She deffinetely is not dehydrated...just had a full shed, drinks from water bowl, regular misting, and there is usually 70-99% humidity during the day.
She is still eating normally, and her temperment hasn't changed at all.
I know its normal for older females to not defecate between every meal, but this seems a little much. Any input would help, thanks.

I dont think it's all that unusual. What was the last meal previous to last defecation, and what have you fed it since?
How large meals have you fed it? You could try giving it a good mist a night to encourage activity, which often gets them going, or a bath. Is the vent swollen? Having just shed may well be the reason its held off.

p.s. I have posted your question on your behalf, here...

http://moreliaviridis.yuku.com/topic/13525/master/1/

Last edited:
I dont think it's all that unusual. What was the last meal previous to last defecation, and what have you fed it since?
How large meals have you fed it? You could try giving it a good mist a night to encourage activity, which often gets them going, or a bath. Is the vent swollen? Having just shed may well be the reason its held off.

p.s. I have posted your question on your behalf, here...

http://moreliaviridis.yuku.com/topic/13525/master/1/

Thanks for posting it on the other forum, ill check again tonight for any replies.
Her last defecation was 14 days after the previous one, which would be 4 mice. Since then she is still on the same diet of 2 mice ever 7-9 days...i held off feeding for 12 days, but the vet that I work at said thats probably not necessary so I fed her 2 mice the other day.
I'll check her vent tonight when I get home, and I'll try spraying her before turning off the lights but she is usually pretty active for 2 hours.
thanks

Her vent didn't seem any different then usual last night. The weird thing is that everyone on the other forum was saying they usually will defficate when shedding, but she didn't. Ive been handling her every other day to promote activity, hopefully she will soon.

Back
Top Bottom