Gravid issue

Rachgreens

Hey everyone
my frineds 7ish month old veiled has been acting gravid (infertile) for 8 days
she has been digging and digging but no luck
she has plenty of room, srayed and dripped water reguarly, has the proper housing and everything
the other problem is that the last month she has hardly been eating
usually 1 cricket or worm a day
we really need help
thanks in advance

Everything sounds normal so far actually-some will dig for awhile before laying. What kind of bucket and laying material have you provided? I would make sure she is getting complete privacy-construct something to go around her cage so you can peek every one in awhile without her knowing or she may keep abandoning holes until she is eggbound.

Just curious, because i heard chams lay n e where from 15-30 eggs, how much can a 7month old lay b cuz they are no bigger than like 6 inches. There is no way in hell they can carry that many right?!

Just curious, because i heard chams lay n e where from 15-30 eggs, how much can a 7month old lay b cuz they are no bigger than like 6 inches. There is no way in hell they can carry that many right?!

You would be suprised-I just had a 7 month old lay infertiles-she was on the small size and laid 32 eggs. Being infertiles the eggs were smaller and elongated-but they can really pack them in there.

You would also be suprised in size differences between 7 month old females.

Good luck and welcome!

This should be in the health clinic I think... In the health clinic you'll see a thread that is a 'sticky' called 'how to ask for help' Fill out the form there and report back so we can help you better.

I wonder if she has MBD or something... what kind of lighting? supplements? picture of the setup help us a lot to help you. The more detail the better.

'How to ask for help'

Back
Top Bottom