Graceful Care Sheet

farrahsc

Does anyone know of a good care sheet for a Graceful Chameleon? The only one I've found talks about keeping them in a 30 gallon tank lol.

I don't have anything very helpful, but the little barron's book my boss gave me groups them together with the flapneck and Senegal section. Doesn't mention anything specific about care for them except be careful about oversupplementation with vitamins. It does give temps for incubating eggs though ( I guess the theory is the WC adults will die, then you're hatching their eggs - it says graceful: at 77 to 80 F 25 - 27 C the 20 to 50 eggs will hatch in somewhat more than seven months. The hatchlings seem to be much hardier and less nervous than the adults.
Also, the males of one subspecies (C.g. Etiennei) lack tarsal spurs, which are prominent in males of the nominate race. (gracillis)
Also males are extremely aggressive, not only to others of their own species, but because they are so closely allied, to those of Senegal, flapneck & even C chamaeleon as well.

Wow that's crazy. My male is the shyest cham I have ever seen. He's never even puffed up at me or the other chams. I can open his mouth easily but he has never hissed or anything. He is nothing like my Veiled, more like my Senegal just shyer. My Senegal will gladly climb right out on your hand. He also has never puffed up or hissed or anything. And mine does have a tarsal spur.

My flapneck never hissed ever either. He was shy but not as crazy shy as i was expecting. By the end it was as though he knew he needed something and just said yes, hold me fix me do something. :(
I love the gracefuls. Good luck with him.
There's only like one specific flapneck article, maybe they did one on gracefuls too?

Back
Top Bottom