Gonna get some Silkies...

Ren

Ok so I finally want to get some silk worms... Where do you guys suggest getting the best deal from and what is the best deal? Small worms with chow, eggs and chow is there a combo place available with a little of both? thanks for all your responses in advance...

I got my silkies from Mulberryfarms.com. I got them pretty quick, not many of them were DOA. They ship you a variety pack, but none were too big for my 6 month old veiled.

I may be a novice with silkies, but I wouldn't keep them in the fridge once you get them. I think I lost a bunch to the cold. Room temp should be fine, although they don't smell really good.

Also be wary of the postal service. If you have a crappy deliverer they may leave the worms in a bad place if you happen to not be home. I'd just be home :)

I just got my silkworms yesterday from Mulberry farms. Packaging was great. They all seemed alive to me. I got small, but next time I will order med. They are a little small for my 5 month veiled. He absolutely loves them. I did not think they smelled that bad. I think I am going to try to switch my veiled over to silkworms. The cricket noise is starting to drive me crazy.

I have ordered from 3 sites, and coastal silkworms is by FAR my favorite. Mulberry may be a little cheaper in price, but I prefer coastal. The worms were big and juicy and healthy, and hardly any died off. They grew really nicely too, which has not been the case with some others I recently purchased. Coastal is the way to go if you want my opinion!

I get mine at mulberry's farms...eggs are probably the best deal. the worms grow very fast if you keep feeding them so may not be that big a deal

Thanks, ok we will go another round, here is what i am feeding and this may change things, I have 2 adults veileds and 4 babies....roughly 2 months and a 4 month female ambilobe... so will the small be good for the babies or are they too big, just right for the 4 month old too small for the adults? I haven't tried them so im not familiar with their size and all....

Smalls will be OK for the babies, and if you feed some of the smalls their silkworm chow every day they will grow like crazy and some every other day or every 2 days, they won't grow as fast. I have 3 adults, and 2 smaller Panthers and I order 200 silkies every month or so. I always use Coastal-no die offs!

Back
Top Bottom