Going to the beach for a week, need opinions

ktravelet

Hi all I'm going to the beach for the week, and I'm contemplating taking her with, or trusting my roomate to take care of her.

My concerns are that I'll have to keep her in a cage for the week instead of her current freerange, and my huge light hood is not portable either (with UVB tube). I would bring a small dome with a 65watt for heat while shes in the house, and take her outside a couple hours a day so she can get her UV rays. Also bring a container full of roaches to feed her.

On the other hand I could leave her at home on the timed lights and have my roomate take care of her. I'm confident he would feed her, but he wouldnt give her nearly as much attention that us cham owners do, especially with watering, making sure the dripper is full, making sure she looks happy in general, ect.

What do you guys think?

If you think you can take her, then take her!
I know I feel better when I bring my cham with me. Besides outside sun is sooo much better than fake uvb.

I'm going to the beach weewkend after next, so I'm in the same boat as you- except my boat is a little bigger. I've got 114 babies to contend with!!! I went to the beach last month and hauled a cage full of babies and a tub full of feeders with me. The adults I'm not so worried about-I'll be leaving Saturday morning and returning Monday morning, but the babies are a different story. I guess it all matters on trust. All my guys are on times misters and lights, so all my friend has to do is fill/empty resavoir buckets and feed the kids and the crickets. I'm sure yours would be fine as far as the 'attention' fact you mentioned goes.

I think the stress of moving them for such a short trip is not worth it. If the roommate is reliable enough to provide water daily, leave the chameleon at home

I agree with Sandra. If you can trust your roommate to handle the feeding, I think you can trust him to handle the misting/dripper. Just make solid instructions for him to follow. Nothing vague. Most males don't do well with instructions like "you want it to be really wet". (sorry) Instead provide quantities of water to be used and intervals at which to use them.

I agree with Sandra. If you can trust your roommate to handle the feeding, I think you can trust him to handle the misting/dripper. Just make solid instructions for him to follow. Nothing vague. Most males don't do well with instructions like "you want it to be really wet". (sorry) Instead provide quantities of water to be used and intervals at which to use them.

Yeah, I agree, no silly vague female instructions, lol..........Leave at home. It's a Chameleon - doesn't really care for your attentions anyway. As long as there is food and water it'll be a nice holiday for the Cham too...............
Show the roomate what to do. Watch the roomate do it. Call/ text occasionally to check up if you want........

Back
Top Bottom