Getting a Trioceros jacksonii

I am getting a Trioceros jacksonii soon, ive done lots of research, but is there anything very important that i need to do, i have a 24x24x48 enclosure, bur i want to know what i should get to put in it.

PoseidonTheChameleon

Chameleon Enthusiast
This is not a very specific question...theres tons that comes with putting together a proper enclosure. Do you mean like types of plants to put in it?

Fchamel

Chameleon Enthusiast
Hello! I am going to tag an
experienced Jackson's chameleon member. @JacksJill If this is your first chameleon, I'd recommend something with easier husbandry to get you started. Such as a veiled or panther chameleon. As @PoseidonTheChameleon stated, there is alot that goes into making a proper enclosure setup for your chameleon. It is very crucial that the enclosure is put together correctly.

Uri

Avid Member
I am getting a Trioceros jacksonii soon, ive done lots of research, but is there anything very important that i need to do, i have a 24x24x48 enclosure, bur i want to know what i should get to put in it.
Probably not a necessity but the dragonstrand accessory kit is amazing especially the dragonstrand ledges and drainage tray!

MissSkittles

Chameleon Enthusiast

JacksJill

Staff member
As far as what to put in your cage , start with lots of chameleon safe plants and branches. Jackson’s like heavily planted cages. I believe a misting system is essential unless you are home bound and never get sick. Good T5 lights and a 40-50 watt basking bulb are mandatory. There is lots more but those top the list.

Top Bottom