Getting a live plant??

Pablothecow

i will be getting a larger cage for my cham in the next couple of weeks. i thought that this would be a good time to try out a live plant. my main question is how to go about caring for the plant? like dont put fertilizer or plant food in the soil right? and use organic soil? the plant food is my biggest concern tho. if i cant keep the plant alive, i dont think im going to get one in the first place.

I have three plants in my cage right now.. Definitely use organic soil. The only thing I really do to care for them, is rotate them out of the cage from time to time if it looks like they are being overwatered, or if they have poop in there and need to be cleaned up.

They are holding up very well, and taking care of the chameleon (misting, lighting, etc.) indirectly will take care of your plants as well.

Depends on the type of plant you are trying to get... most do well with unfertilized potting soil. But plants like schefflera/umbrella plant do well in fast-draining soil like sand.

I have three plants in my cage right now.. Definitely use organic soil. The only thing I really do to care for them, is rotate them out of the cage from time to time if it looks like they are being overwatered, or if they have poop in there and need to be cleaned up.

They are holding up very well, and taking care of the chameleon (misting, lighting, etc.) indirectly will take care of your plants as well.

ok thanks :) cuz i know my cham will try to eat the leaves at least once, just cuz she tries to eat her fake ones now, and i know fertilizer will move up into the leaves, so plant food and fertilizer is a no go i assume?

ok thanks :) cuz i know my cham will try to eat the leaves at least once, just cuz she tries to eat her fake ones now, and i know fertilizer will move up into the leaves, so plant food and fertilizer is a no go i assume?

Yea, and make sure you are using cham safe plants. I have two pothos and a ficus benjamina in there.

Back
Top Bottom