Fussy chameleon? Any suggestions?

AZcham new boy

Hi again guys,
My 7month old male veiled has decided that he's not to keen on crickets anymore? He's been on grasshoppers for the last week and will eat the odd cricket or morio worm...
What would you guys switch to as daily feeders?
He would happily eat waxworms all day but usually give them only as a treat...

Thanx for any help
Aaron

Well you really shouldnt have a "daily feeder" its good to switch it up always, I think its a good idea to have at least 3 staple feeders, the best in my opinion are dubia roaches. You could have dubias, crickets and silkworms, although I'm not sure if silkworms are considered a staple feeder, just always think variety, you can even go out and catch a few from a field or something near you as long as you're sure they're not poisonous and they haven't been exposed to pesticides.

that is about the time my chameleon gave up on crickets. I just bought some yesterday and try from time to time. I give him a super or silk and while he is muching on that I shove a cricket in his mouth!! lol!!! Try catching some brown moths and see if that does not interest him. My chams diet mostly consists of moths, horns, silks, and supers(you can gutload the supers)

Back
Top Bottom