Fully grown panther cham

Hi,
When would a boy Ambilobe get that amazing fully colored. My boy is still dull colored. Does any have a fully grown Ambilobe male and post a photograph. Am just trying to get a idea...

There's an entire thread dedicated to people posting pictures of their ambilobes, a quick search will yeild the results your looking for i imagine. As for colour maturity i believe its around a year to a year and a half.

Hi,
When would a boy Ambilobe get that amazing fully colored. My boy is still dull colored. Does any have a fully grown Ambilobe male and post a photograph. Am just trying to get a idea...

Let's see a photo of your boy. How old is he?

This animal is just under 6 months old:
full

what the same animal looks like with "full colours" as an adult, 1 year old

full
full

Same animal, in a different colour mood:
full

Last edited by a moderator:
Ben...

IMG_1674.JPG Here is a bad picture of my Ben today. 5 monthes This is his relaxing colors. Normally he is exciting colors are shades of Blue and now his red orange is coming through. He just had his third shed yesterday.

Let's see a photo of your boy. How old is he?

This animal is just under 6 months old:
full

what the same animal looks like with "full colours" as an adult, 1 year old

full
full

Same animal, in a different colour mood:
full

Hi, the first photo you posted pretty much my boy looks the same but with yellow. I would post a photo if I could. But if anyone has a interest in seeing my three just email me [email protected].
I am not sure on his age but he's a male from flchams.cOm or that's what I thought I got. I don't know if your good or not. My female is a screameleon but I don't like them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok I'll just keep doing what am doing it seems to work.

It seems to work for now. Give it 6 months and you will have to start again, with a new chameleon because that one will be dead!

The advise you get on here from Sandrachameleon shouldnt be ignored because you THINK you know best. She has been doing this for years and is something of an expert on chameleon supplimentation. Just look at her stats on the right of the screen, over 5 years as a member, nearly 7500 posts (more than likely half of them trying to help people who dont want to listen!!!) and 165 blog entries, including chamelon supplimentation, gutloading recipes etc. She knows what shes talking about and you have the front to tell her you dont need her advice as what your doing seems to work??? Good luck with your chameleons kiddo.

Last edited:
It seems to work for now. Give it 6 months and you will have to start again, with a new chameleon because that one will be dead!

The advise you get on here from Sandrachameleon shouldnt be ignored because you THINK you know best. She has been doing this for years and is something of an expert on chameleon supplimentation. Just look at her stats on the right of the screen, over 5 years as a member, nearly 7500 posts (more than likely half of them trying to help people who dont want to listen!!!) and 165 blog entries, including chamelon supplimentation, gutloading recipes etc. She knows what shes talking about and you have the front to tell her you dont need her advice as what your doing seems to work??? Good luck with your chameleons kiddo.

I agree if you come to the forums for help then use it and if your not going to listen then dont even bother....good luck for your chams

Repcal has a HUGE amount of D3 in it compared to most other brands. I would seriously recommend that you NOT give the animal that much. Perhaps if it was another brand (like miner-all) with a much lower amount of D3, it would be less of an issue, but repcal has a lot. I would also recommend only using the vitamins once a week at the most, preferably only once every other week or so.

Just to show how much D3 is in repcal vs miner-all:

repcal has: 400,000 IU/kg

miner-all has: 4,400 IU/kg

Sucks how some people are just a tad stubborn and the ones who pay are breathing living beautiful creatures like chameleons. Over supplementing takes a while to show its harmful effects. If you love your cham listen to the advice given. You and your cham will be much happier on the long run.

Sucks how some people are just a tad stubborn and the ones who pay are breathing living beautiful creatures like chameleons. Over supplementing takes a while to show its harmful effects. If you love your cham listen to the advice given. You and your cham will be much happier on the long run.

I been taking advice just can't do a dripper unless I find a zoomed little dipper but no luck petsmart was out. I love all three of my chams that's why am here. I spent 100 bucks on veiled 230 female ambilobe and 337 bucks on male ambilobe. So I been looking over the post on here. I still don't know the recommend basking temp for my male ambilobe but know 83 is good for my females veiled/ambilobe. D3 will be like first of the month and mid of the month so twice a month. Rep cal without d3 am looking for now and use that every feeding. Multi vitamin once a week on weekends and it's rep cal herpivite. That's what am praying will work for them. I can't locate the brand that makes minor all. So only rep cal will hopefully do.
Let me say this I have listened and took advice and made improvements and a lot more down the road but need a lot of money for mist kings and dimmers for that natural effort for them with the lighting like how the sun gos down. Thanks everybody I really wish I could post photos but have no Internet for my net book.

As long as you are willing to keep an open mind and make adjustments as needed you should be fine. The male's basking temp should be around 85 or so. I'm glad you are looking for the calcium without D3. It doesn't matter what brand you use for the plain calcium as long as it has no D3 and no phos.

Back
Top Bottom