FS: (2) 10mo Sambava Females

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Legacy

I have for sale two female Sambava F. pardalis; Hatched on 20 February 2008. I’ve held onto these guys for an extended period of time to gain more experience with hatchling development, but I’ve learned all I need and I’m ready to send them off to good homes. The images attached below were all take on 01/16/09 and were only sharpened for more detail. Also attached are images of male & female sibling holdbacks and parents w/family details.

Let’s start with the chameleons for sale…

Specimen #1: However none of my chameleons are regularly handled, I find that she has a quite gentle disposition and not opposed to being handled. She has the highest red/orange coloration of the two for sale, but has a healing scar on the top of her head as a result of a sibling quarrel. She received that injury several months (and several sheds) ago and it has continued to get smaller, and less noticeable, with each shed.

Baby1_3.jpg

Specimen #1: Taken with muted flash under partial, indirect sun, showing a good amount of the red hue this female displays. Red coloration has been present through her entire life and shown regularly.

Baby1_1.jpg

Specimen #1: Taken in direct sunlight.

Baby1_2.jpg

Specimen #1: Taken in direct sunlight. Image shows the scar on top of her head only two days after last shedding. Excess skin is being moistened, but is being allowed to fall off on it’s own.

Specimen #2: She’s a little more timid than her siblings, but in no way aggressive. Her “at rest” coloration is lighter shade of red/orange/crème, but unlike her siblings she displays hues of green/blue. This is certainly a trait that has been received by her mother who shows the same green/blue when hassled.

Baby3_1.jpg

Specimen #2: Taken in indirect sunlight w/o flash on hand to reference size (Photographer’s hand size: Large)

Now on to the siblings…

Ruby: Ruby is being held back at this time as she has the highest red coloration of the clutch, which has improved with age. She’s too is very docile like Specimen #1. She will either be sold as a mature adult or remain in our small collection.

Ruby_1.jpg

Ruby: Taken in direct sunlight. Not the least bit camera shy!

Ruby_2.jpg

Ruby: Taken in direct sunlight. Ok, maybe just a little camera shy. =)

Junior: Junior is being held back as he was our only male. He has shown us a lot of color for his age and much earlier than his father (who colored up after a year). Junior displays mostly yellows & reds w/bits of orange around the chin, eye turrets, and joints. We like to think of him as being “Strawberry lemonade”. Unfortunately, he’s not quite sexually mature or very competitive yet and color is shown on his terms only, however we predict he’ll be more colorful than his father.

Junior_1.jpg

Junior: Taken in direct sunlight. Junior is extremely docile. This is his “at rest” coloration, but we suspect his greens will “lime up” in a couple more months. Unfortunately, he was the least cooperative for photos today.

Junior_2.jpg

Junior: Taken in direct sunlight. Up close shot allows better view of color.

Now on to the parents…

Speedy: Speedy is only a couple years old, big, strong, heavy, and naturally very docile (as we rarely handle). Little is known about his family history. We go him from a local reptile dealer who specializes in chameleons as his personal hobby w/a background in parsonii husbandry. It is not believed that Speedy is from any popular, or well circulated, bloodlines.

Speedy_Sire_Rest.jpg

Speedy: Taken in direct sunlight. His “at rest” coloration is mostly a dark lime green with black-to-black raspberry bars. He’s big and heavy w/grip strength to match. Speedy eats full-grown B. dubia roaches. Taken on photographer’s hand to give an idea of his size (Photographer’s hand: Size Large).

12MO_Speedy.jpg

Speedy: Taken w/flash indoors. I took this image from my archives and not taken today with the rest of the images. Speedy shows better coloration when in his cage and defending his territory.

Anastasia: Ana’s family history is well known. We obtained her from Franco Gagliardi as an adult and this is her first clutch. Her father is Tyler Stewart’s “Loki” (Blue Beast Reptiles). Her mother is “Mabel” of Amazing Blue Reptiles who was sired by “Sunray” also of Amazing Blue Reptiles. Anyone interested in one of her offspring with the intent of breeding should be positive that potential mates did not come from any of the bloodlines listed above. Please practice responsible breeding. She has become more docile over the years, but arrived with a real nasty disposition. =)

Anastasia_Day1_1.jpg

Anastasia: Taken indoors w/o flash within enclosure. She gets fired up very easily.

Anastasia_Day1_2.jpg

Anastasia: Taken indoors w/o flash within enclosure. Probably wishing I’d leave her alone.

Asking $200/ea + Overnight Shipping (weather permitting). Local pick-ups or drop-offs within Southern California Area are welcome and encouraged. Please email me at [email protected] for further inquires, addition information, or questions. These chameleons will make great additions to breeding colonies or simply excellent pets for an enthusiast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom