Frogs

Yes they do.
About once a week they loosen their old skin and pull it over their head.
You won't find an old frog skin laying around though. they eat it.

-Brad

What's a nice simple frog to get that doesnt need much maintenance for absolute beginners. My brother LOVES frogs so I might get him one. He's 15 and I'm pretty sure he'll take care of it otherwise its up to me and I dont mind. His goldfish that he won at a game died 2 weeks back. Those fish that are sposed to last for a month lasted him about 3 years.

creampuff,

How about red bellied toads?
Or.... I have bullfrogs in the garden. Raised them in a very small pond from tadpoles. They hibernate under water in the pond every winter and pretty much take care of themselves.
I throw a few crickets out there every week in the spring, summer and fall but other than that they're self-sufficient.

-Brad

What's a nice simple frog to get that doesnt need much maintenance for absolute beginners.

White's tree frogs are very good for beginners - I have had them for years. Blue phases are lovely. I know a good White's breeder if you decide are interested in one, let me know. (one of my females below)

also a good care sheet.. http://www.amphibiancare.com/frogs/caresheets/whitestreefrog.html

wIMG_3049.jpg

Last edited:
aww thats cool.do toads also shed there skin and eat it as ive never seen my toad shed or seen any skin in her terrium?

i keep green, gray, squirrel, barking, whites, and cuban treefrogs my favorite is the barking treefrog but i have trained them all to take a cricket out of my hand. they have great personality.

Back
Top Bottom