Frog or a Toad?

nekrosoft13

New Member
Its me again with some food question

I heard chameleons eating lizards, hummingbirgs etc.. how about a tiny, i mean really tiny frog, most likelly a toad. its about the size of juvenille cricket. i
 

mike brandt

New Member
toads have toxic skin secretions, may not kill most animals but can cause a bad taste or make them sick. im not really an expert here but i wouldnt try it. only a few animals are able to eat toads because of this. around here in MO the only think i know of that eats them are hognose snakes.

also could give him a parasite b/c im sure the amphibian you are asking about is wild caught.
 
mike brandt said:
toads have toxic skin secretions, may not kill most animals but can cause a bad taste or make them sick. im not really an expert here but i wouldnt try it. only a few animals are able to eat toads because of this. around here in MO the only think i know of that eats them are hognose snakes.

also could give him a parasite b/c im sure the amphibian you are asking about is wild caught.
THIS IS WELL PUT, YOUR CHAM. MIGHT GET SICK...i WOULDNT RECCEMEND THIS!
 

nekrosoft13

New Member
ok, i will release it, i was walking and i saw something dark jump around, from distance it looked one of those black crickets
 

Chamomile T

New Member
If you look at forum member "nosferatu" gallery, there are some AMAZING pictures of a veiled Chameleon eating a hummingbird! Sad for bird lovers ( like me:( ), but amazing all the same.
 
Chamomile T said:
If you look at forum member "nosferatu" gallery, there are some AMAZING pictures of a veiled Chameleon eating a hummingbird! Sad for bird lovers ( like me:( ), but amazing all the same.
Just a note for anyone reading, It wasnt FED the bird, it was outside and CAUGHT the bird. Be wary of feeding anything asside from insects.
 

Brian Fischer

New Member
I work in a large pet supply store in the reptile room and we have had large veileds and a panther eat loose anoles that wonder into their cage while chasing loose crickets. It was a quite a sight to say the least. Although I would not recommend it to anyone due to the possible parasite/disease transfer that could take place.
 
Top Bottom