Found this lizard today on street - Type?

Valentina

Believe it may be a Veiled chameleon - all the flooding down here it could have gotten lost.

(No idea how to post a picture - can anyone help?)

:confused:

Any idea?

Believe it may be a Veiled chameleon - all the flooding down here it could have gotten lost.

(No idea how to post a picture - can anyone help?)

:confused:

Any idea?

When you reply to this thread there is an manage attachment button bellow the message body window. you may need to scroll down. Try posting the pic there.

I am dying to see it.

I had a dream the other night that I found a huge male Veiled drowning in mud on the side of the road, and I pulled him out to discover the beautiful Cham I had ever seen, and took him home. One of those dreams where you get pissed when you wake up and find out it was only a dream.

Attempted to attach 2 pics here.

Attachments

• liz.jpg
    liz.jpg
    244.4 KB · Views: 368
  • liz2.jpg
    liz2.jpg
    248.8 KB · Views: 323
Last edited by a moderator:
That is a male Veiled!.. Both you and the little guy got lucky.

He could have gotten lost, But they also have wild Pops that survive down there...So he could just be a wild one.

He looks nice and Healthy as well... Do you plan on keeping him?

click gallery up top its infront of home and forums and then there will be a few listings click on upload its to your right of the screen and then click on browse and it will open to your computer you most liky know the rest of browsing and then as your done uploading go back to the gallery and click on my gallery and it will bring up your picture and click on your pic and it should give you a URL and then copy it and then while posting a reply click on insert image above here and then paste your URL into it and then click ok and youve posted a picture

OOps sorry to late you got it lol
sorry my way might be different then others

Last edited by a moderator:
hes a beaut though nice looking fella if you ask me , what a find though thats sweet, but he looks like he was someones pet that they had out side and he got away hes to fat to be wild to me

omg... i am bothered that you would say you want to sell it. how up look for someone who knows how to actually care for them to rescue it from you!!!

Male Veileds have a "spur" that sticks off of the back of their heel. While I cant see the spur in your shots, Females tend to keep a smaller casque, the crest on the head, and females color patterns tend to be more basic than that, and Females do not get quite as large as the males.

You should probably offer him cheap to somebody with the ability to get him into a vet and checked out if you are going to sell him. Think about what is best for the animal.

A healthy well raised male around that size from a breeder would go for between 100 and 200 bucks, but not knowing what kind of care he has recieved and the circumstances...you should think about the well being of the animal and not a "sale".

you can tell by the beautiful yellow baring on his side and there will be a lil spur on the back of the males feet its like he has a lil heel lol but with out knowing wheres he come from first, i would personally put an ad out for him saying found veiled chameleon if you have picture proof hes your again because it could be someones pet that they have lost and hey there might be a reward in it for you and if no ones comes clean in a few weeks id sell him saying i found him and offer best offer for him better then nothing

There are a lot of Florida chameleon keepers on here. I am sure someone would take him off of your hands. I sure wish I could.
I wouldn't try to sell him for much, you just want to get him a good home, or at least I hope that would be your intent.
If you plan to keep him, we can all help you set up a good enclosure for him, as he wont last long in that tub.

He is beautiful! Please do the right thing for him.

i wouldnt sell it, look around to see if he is a pet and if nobody claims him just let him go, he obviously made it this long.

-most people wont want to pay for a veiled that has no papers to show bloodlines , since you can get veiled chams on here for like $30.

Around $100 seems fair. You're obviously free to do whatever you want with that chameleon... sell it, keep it, that's your choice. Don't let the people on here pressure you into keeping it or giving it away for free if you don't want to.

I can see the ad now. WC Veiled / Storm Victim needs new home . Asking $100 no pressure. :D

let us know what happens to him. What a cool story. I wish I could find a Cham around my house. :)

Maybe you should try to fine his owner....sometime they escape and the owner may be looking for him. Where do you live in FL? I'm north of West Palm Beach. Jann

Back
Top Bottom