Flying Crickets?

So.... The crickets I get from Rainbow Mealworms..... the adults fly?!

Had an escapee cricket mature enough, zipping around the room.

I believe the Rainbow Mealworm crickets are that 'new' breed of cricket. Has anyone else had this happening to them?

nope...maybe he heard the song "I believe i can fly", i believe i can touch the sky:D

hey, i have my moments lmao

lol but yeah i dont have flying crix, do you rob?

Kevin: How many threads and post have already discussed the "EVIL" Black Cricket from hell. It's probably just another evolutionary step towards them taking over the world. It was often postulated that if there was an Armageddon that only cockroaches would be left, not if these beasts ate them!
On a side note I've never witnessed them flying.

no i havent noticed any buzzin around i have seen them with wings an some actually look like they could carry off small childern..

I've had a couple of mature males glide a few metres away after jumping... Suprised me quite a bit.
Forgot to mention that i breed black crickets...the savage beasts.

So.... The crickets I get from Rainbow Mealworms..... the adults fly?!

Had an escapee cricket mature enough, zipping around the room.

I believe the Rainbow Mealworm crickets are that 'new' breed of cricket. Has anyone else had this happening to them?

Ok....so tonight when I was feeding things (see thread on "real hobby of cham keeping, bug breeding") And I had several of my crickets fly out at me:eek::eek::eek: I mean flying like grasshoppers fly! I have been breeding black crickets for a little while and right now Dubia seem to be the food of choice, so I have a whole batch that has grown to maturity. Now, mind you, I always have some grow to maturity to mate and lay eggs so I have had adults before. Just NONE that had full wings and hanging from the top of the cricket bin:eek: fluttering :eek: males and females alike :eek:

I know that chams love flying insects, but man what a pain!!

NO...we are talking 15-20 on the roof of the cage with pretty large wings and flying out at you. I breed these things I know what they look like.

Houston we have liftoff :eek:

Okay...let's review: the black crickets are meat eating cannibals who's bite can break the skin....and they fly.

esspressodude is right...they are going to take over the world.

idk about flying crickets, but i've had an adult male dubia fly across the room and around once or twice before hitting the ground, probably covered 15-25 feet in total..... pretty amazing for something that can't fly.

Back
Top Bottom