Flash's new home

Howdyco

This is a custom cage built for me by Argentra.

This cage is approximately a basic 2' by 2' square that is 5'6" tall and has a reinforced floor with 4 drains that drip into a tub that sits below the whole unit.

The screen is standard mesh pet-screen and the wood painted and finished with several coats of waterproof paint. The door has magnetic locks that keep it tightly sealed.

The side and top have several rods that Argentra placed as structural supports for plants, vines, etc. These rods are designed to hold alot of weight and can easily accommodate large hanging plants or heavy dowels.

The top has a wood frame support extension for the lights and the little dripper I use. Argentra custom made them for the items I had/use.
And there is a perfect spot for the mistking hose/nozzle.

The inside is still a work in progress with three live plants including a ficus, a shefflera and a pothos. There are also several biovines, dowels, bamboo rods/stakes, and several fake vines/plants along with a bird ladder. The cover is adequate and Flash has 2 good basking locations (top left rear, and center/middle left side) with temps that vary from 85-95 degrees F.

Flash wanders the entire cage and hunts freely from top to bottom. I have a few spots I use for cup feeding but still free-range or hand feed him for the most part.

Just before the move I shifted him from small to larger sized prey and cut back numbers accordingly. Similar biomass consumed in fewer bugs. ;)

The pics really don't do the cage justice and Argentra did a great job for us.

Attachments

• PICT0600.jpg
    PICT0600.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 169
  • PICT0598.jpg
    PICT0598.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 157
  • PICT0601.jpg
    PICT0601.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 155
  • PICT0602.jpg
    PICT0602.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 172
Flash during the move.

Here is Flash getting some outside time in the sun and then being moved into his new home.
I don't think he liked the camera. :rolleyes:;)

Attachments

• PICT0605.jpg
    PICT0605.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 145
  • PICT0610.jpg
    PICT0610.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 109
  • PICT0612.jpg
    PICT0612.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 112
Nice job on the enclosure Argentra.
But, My favorite part of this thread is seeing Flash doing so well!
Good work!

-Brad

Sorry it took me so long to notice this thread... I've been going through a lot lately.

Thank you for the compliment, Brad, and thanks so much for the praise, Howdy! I would have liked to make it look even better, but was suffering from some ADD during its construction. :eek:

Howdy: It looks wonderful all filled up! I hope the sweet guy likes his new digs.:D

*Shameless Plug*: I can build a cage like that, or like anything you'd like, for anyone in the Denver area. Smaller cages, for terrestrials or young chams, can be built and shipped, but not the larger ones. :)
I can also provide construction pictures of this cage for anyone who'd like to see more detail. :)

Once again, thanks for the compliments.

Back
Top Bottom