First eggs!

Ekaj13

My girl laid her eggs today! She was digging this morning, so I tried to stay away. (I didn't have time to cover her cage) Well she ended up just dropping them on top of her laying bin. I got 22 eggs. I'm very excited... It's going to be a long wait.

34d257b9.jpg

Congrats on the eggs. How's your female? Has she had a good long drink and some food? What kind if cham do you have?

Congrats on the eggs, can't wait to see the babies. Hope your female gets back to normal quickly.

Thanks guys! Do the eggs need to be submerged more? I'm using hatchrite and barely pushed them in. Also should I punch holes in the top of the container? Or is opening them once per week sufficient.

Thanks guys! Do the eggs need to be submerged more? I'm using hatchrite and barely pushed them in. Also should I punch holes in the top of the container? Or is opening them once per week sufficient.

I would sink them into the medium, at lease half way. Hollow out a space for the egg(s), rather than pushing down. Hatchrite does'nt have quite the give, that vermiculite has. Lately I've been almost completly covering the eggs I'm keeping. I use a sewing needle to poke small holes in top cover.
Also, you may find that some of those elongated eggs will go bad.

Back
Top Bottom