First Annual Reptile and Amphibian Law Symposium & Workshop

Dr O

Veterinarian
i just received this email, and thought it was important enough that others here may be interested. it is pasted below in it's entirety.

Dear ARAV Members. I want to again remind you of the Symposium and Workshop noted below. ARAV is pleased to be a partner in this the First Reptile and Amphibian Law Symposium and Workshop. We encourage as many ARAV members as possible to attend and participate in this event. Please let me know if you are planning on attending and if* you would be willing/interested in sitting on one or more of the panels listed below. Thanks and I hope that some of you may be able to attend and participate. Wilbur B. Amand, VMD ([email protected]).

First Annual Reptile and Amphibian Law Symposium & Workshop
September 28-30, 2012 - Houston, Texas
Crowne Plaza Resort - 12801 Northwest Freeway, Houston, Texas 77040
Presented in partnership by NRAAC, PIJAC, ARAV, and the East Texas Herpetological Society

The Reptile and Amphibian Law Symposium & Workshop will include two days of panels, workshops, breakout sessions and talks with the goal of bringing all parties interested in reptiles and amphibians and the law to the table, to discuss changes and issues with current and proposed reptile and amphibian laws and regulations at the local, state, federal, and international levels. Attendees will have the opportunity to participate in the concurrent East Texas Herpetological Symposium and Expo event at the same facility, which includes a Saturday symposium, banquet, and auction, and a Sunday reptile expo.

This event is being organized by a loose working group of people interested in reptiles and amphibians and the law, called the National Reptile Amphibian Advisory Council (NRAAC), with the assistance of the Pet Industry Joint Advisory Council, the Association of Reptilian and Amphibian Veterinarians and the East Texas Herp Society. If you are interested in participating in this discussion, or possibly assisting/volunteering/participating in this event, please register below, and also join our working group on Facebook, or/and send an email.

This event is open to all parties with an interest in reptiles, amphibians, and the law.
These are how they stand as of today -

Friday, September 28 - Day 1

8am - Invasive/Injurious Species - 2 hours
10am - What Is The Lacey Act and its Role - 2 hours
12pm - Lunch Break - 1 hour
1pm - International Laws/CITES - Import/Export - 2 hours
3pm - Endangered Species - 2 hours
5pm - Dinner Break - 1 hour

Saturday, September 29 - Day 2

8am - State Laws - Native Species - 2 hours
10am - State Laws - Non-Native Species - 2 hours
12pm - Lunch Break - 1 hour
1pm - Reptile Parasites/Diseases/Pathogens and the Law - 2 hours
3pm - Private Reptile Ownership, Ethics, and the Law - 1 hour
4pm - National Species Laws & Regulations Database - 1 hour
5pm - Dinner Break - 1 hour
Sunday, September 30 -- Day 3 -- Reptile Expo

Wilbur B. Amand, VMD
Exec. Dir. / ARAV
721 Inverness Drive
West Chester, PA 19380
610-696-2347
fax 610-696-2348
[email protected]

The 2012 ARAV conference will be held October 21 - 25, 2012 in Oakland, California. This will be a concurrent meeting with the American Association of Zoo Veterinarians and the Association of Exotic Mammal Veterinarians.

I was planning on attending the meeting on Fri. I really wanted to learn more about Cites laws and importing & exporting regulations. Hope I can meet you at the conference Dr O.

unfortunately I can't make this meeting, although I think it would be very educational and a great way to network. I hope others here can take up the call!

Back
Top Bottom