Finishing up Vigo's cage

Harland Williams

Need a little advice finishing

Chameleon Info:

* Your Chameleon - Panther Chameleon,male,around 7 months old.I have been taking care of him for around 4-5 months.
* Handling - Only when I take him outside or when he wants out.
* Feeding - Crickets,mealworms,superworms,butterworms and hopefully some silkworms here soon.He gets about 6 crickets a day and I sometimes give him a worm or 2 every few days.I did buy some butterworms one time and he ate all 25 of them within about a month.I feed him 3 crickets in the morning when I get up and then 3 crickets in the afternoon.I gut load the 6 crickets with cricket crack and some fruits or vegetables before I go to bed.The rest of the crickets stay in a larger cricket container with cricket crack and fluckers calcium fortified cricket quencher untill needed.The worms stay in the refrigerator.
* Supplements - I dust the 3 crickets I give him in the morning with flukers calcium every day,the other 3 don't get dusted.I dust with repti calcium with D3 every other sunday twice a month.Then I dust with reptivite on the 2 sundays of the month I don't use the repti calcium.
* Watering - I use a big dripper that runs almost all day and I mist the cage 2-3 times a day.I mist for about 10-15 min each time until I see him start to drink.
* Fecal Description - His poop is moist and dark brown and his urate is white with a slight tinge of orange which I hope to get rid of with the help of some silkworms.I don't know if he has ever been tested for parasites.
* History - I got him from ToddMKeller right here on the forums.The sire was Salvador.

Cage Info:

* Cage Type - Two 24x24x48 inch cages made by LLL reptiles.
* Lighting - 8.5" heat dome with a dimmer switch and a 100w Daylight bulb,30" Terrarium Hood with zoo med 24" Reptisun 5.0 UVB bulb.I have everything hooked up to a timer so it comes on a 7 and goes off at 7.
* Temperature - Cage floor is around 74 degrees and the basking spot is around 82.Lowest over night temp around 65.I measure the temps using a Zoo Med Digital Terrarium Thermometer and a Flukers Thermo-Hygrometer.
* Humidity - Anywhere from 60-100 using a pump mister.
* Plants - Hibiscus tree and schefflera.
* Placement - In my room it is not near any fans,air vents,or high traffic areas.Cage is about 32" from the ceiling and about 13" off the floor.
* Location - Lakeland,FL

I would just like to know what kind of grow light I should use to keep my plants from dying.I have an extra strip that would hold a 18" linear bulb.Also any help on what stuff I would need to make a cool looking background and to keep my wall and rug behind the cage dry.I plan on using 2 Acrylic Sheets to cover most of the sides to prevent water from getting everywhere.http://flic.kr/p/8QY4wL
http://flic.kr/p/8QVxag

I read on here the a 5000k or a 6500k bulb would be good but my question is what would look better for these plants.I would also really like to know what that stuff is that some people on here use to make backgrounds.

I use 6500 on my enclosure with Hibiscus, the plant grows nice but rarely flowers.
Sorry I have no input on the backgrounds.

Back
Top Bottom