finally back from vacation...

warpdrive

Avid Member
Hi everyone,

No, I didn't go anyplace. But my female quad Garadean did.
She is finally back from her vacation in sunny Florida.
Luis did a great job with her. So did Dr Alfonso.
She was treated for a cut/bruised lip and had x-rays taken as we thought she was gravid with fused eggs.
Turns out she was just fat...well, maybe.

(Slight ranting, and should be taken lightly and with humor)
Upon taking her out and putting her inside her cage I noticed that she was a lot thinner.
Far too thin for just a week on a diet. (Sadly I never weighed her before sending her.)
Her belly is "flat" and not nearly as round as I remember.
I am in no way saying Dr. Alfonso is wrong, but I still think that she may have laid half her remaining eggs at Luis'. (Don't drive yourself crazy bro, but if you re-plant what is inside her cage you used, don't be surprised if you find 4-8 eggs.)
Again, her ventral crest is mega flat compared to what I sent. Heck, her belly now comes down to a "V" shape, when before it was round from her neck to her hind legs...round like a football, no "V" for a belly.

But I don't blame luis if he missed this.
I believe that she may have already laid half her clutch about 8 to 10 days before I sent her and she lost half her size. (But I could still "see" 2-3 eggs and she was a TON fatter then what I got her back as.)
So she may have only laid 4-6 eggs in Florida.
The difference in my eyes is huge as I know her well, but if she did lay on the first day or the second, luis may not have even noticed the difference...it's that slight depending if she was or wasn't puffed up.

On the other hand, Dr A says she could never have been gravid in the past few months as she was too healthy and strong.
So I must be wrong...won't be the first time. :p
(Rant over)

The flip side is that she is super healthy and semi skinny due to being at Luis' fat farm for Quads. :0
Oh, and no surgery means she can have babies!

Oh, I almost forgot....

While hunting for silkies, Tarzan was roaming his cage.
He noticed something by the front of his cage.
This was no monkey, no lion, no food.
No, this was a baby female Quad named Jane.

Jane is so cute. Quite colorful. Totally unreal.
Sorry for no photos right now but my computer is down.
Yet more info is coming.

I'm so excited that I can't wait for the lights to come on in the morning. Hehe
Thanks Luis.

Harry

Harry, I am so happy for you and Garadean. I know you have been worried about her for a long time.

I'm assuming that you got to chat with Dr. Alfonso for a while?? He is just the most awesome chameleon vet! I am so lucky to be within driving distance to him. I can also vouch for what a great keeper Luis is. Luis and Nichole are some of the nicest herp keeper's I ever met.

Wishing only the best for you and Garadean from here on out! :)

Hi Jannb,

While I didn't get a chance to speak with Dr Alfonso, both Luis and Dr A kept me well informed by email.
The best part is that if I had any questions or thoughts, they would get back to me right away.
And yes, luis is the nicest herp keepers and breeders I have ever dealt with.

Again, no matter what, I'm just glad that she is back with me all safe and sound.
She ate a hornworm when she arrived and is back in her favorite spot in the cage.

Baby Jane also ate well as all her silk worms were gone when I got back home from work.

Today I'm off from work so I can watch them better and truly see how well they are doing.
I forecast a lot of chams free ranging today in my home.
Its gona be a chamtastic day. :)

Harry

Poor me

Gee thanks Harry!!:(:( being the nice friend I am I set up the whole thing with Luis and Ivan and I get no respect or even thanks.:(:(:( Now I know where I stand with you -- poor heartbroken me.

Glad your baby, which I got no credit for naming ( do we see a pattern here) and Garadean arrived home safely. Of course being the friend I am (cough was) I was on the phone giving you moral support as you waited then opened the box.

Yay Harry!! Back to a happy family!! I can't wait to see Jane!! Although, I may have a good idea what she looks like already :rolleyes::p!! Sorry Laurie. ;)

Hey Harry,

First off, thanks for such kind words! :eek:

I know we spoke yesterday, but I'm so glad they made it ok and you're happy with them. If Garadean laid any eggs, she buried them beneath the plastic bottom of her suite! we bonsai most of our schefflera and such so there wouldn't have been much room to dig.

But that doesn't negate her weight loss. I'm not sure if Ivan mailed out the X-Ray but you could see a big pancake of a fat pad on her side that was making her look very round! But I'm sure with all of those hornworms and silkworms, she won't go hungry!

All kidding aside, outside of the little extra weight she was holding, she looked amazing! You're doing great with her. Just keep it up so we can exchange babies in the future! ;)

Luis

And who gave you the idea to suggest to Harry to send her down?! I recall you and Lee over the house after Daytona talking about Garadean and *me* suggesting he should send her to the Quad ranch! :cool:

But I will give you credit for taking the idea and making it happen! :)

In all seriousness, Laurie you know you're a big part of our lives and in a very positive way! ;)

hehe...

Luis

Gee thanks Harry!!:(:( being the nice friend I am I set up the whole thing with Luis and Ivan and I get no respect or even thanks.:(:(:( Now I know where I stand with you -- poor heartbroken me.

Glad your baby, which I got no credit for naming ( do we see a pattern here) and Garadean arrived home safely. Of course being the friend I am (cough was) I was on the phone giving you moral support as you waited then opened the box.

Luis,

I think we both know that Garadean just slipped a pillow under her dress in order to fool us into thinking she was gravid.
I would not be surprised if it was her plan all along to just say hi to you and Dr A down in Florida.
But I'm also so happy that she is finally home so she can torment me some more.

I did not get the x-ray or bill yet...then again I'm having problems with the post office.

Fran,

Ah, maybe you don't quite know what she looks like...
Then again, you did get Laurie's pair. Yes I know the story. Hehe
But Jane might be a transvestite. Well, a male anyway.
She is showing the same pattern as Quadzilla right now. Also that front white stripe has two points reaching up to the dorsal crest and looks cool as heck.
So Jane looks like a Jim to me.

But is quite active and eats baby silkies as long as I don't watch....so I'm happy.

Laurie,

You know you are dear to all of us and I never could forget you.
After all, my first female chameleon was named after you. Silly girl.
Now stop causing trouble and get back on the phone with me. Lol

Harry

Laurie,

Harry[/QUOTE]

And if I can't pick on you then who? Franie and I have already had lots of fun with Luis so i can't push my luck with him either.

Laurie,

Harry

And if I can't pick on you then who? Franie and I have already had lots of fun with Luis so i can't push my luck with him either.[/QUOTE]

Well, I guess you could pick up the torment on me. I mean, I've got WAY to much invested in all of this, so you know I'm not going anywhere!!!:p I may keep your babies hostage for good behavior............no, I can't do that either!!!:D

Now Franie, You wouldn't really keep my babies hostage would you? Then Luis would send your two quads to me, and we could each mail the other her quads so they all wind up at home. Wait no fair, I actually sent the pair for Luis to Luis, am i strange or what?:D

Back
Top Bottom