Few pictures from the last warm days of Autum

Bokaru

Few pictures from the last warm days of Summer

Here's a few pictures of peppers wandering the vast forest of my backyard. It was pretty warm that day hence the open mouth.

Pepps is a pretty photogenic Senegal in my opinion (when he stops long enough to get a clean shot).
Peps Fall 1.jpg

Peps Fall 2.jpg

Peps Fall 3.jpg

And finally, a silly one.
Peps Fall Silly.jpg

They were taken with my D60 and a manual lens. Didn't have time to grab the macro, but I think these came out very nice. He was sprinting across the yard for most of the shoot. I was really surprised he wasn't intimidated by the camera. I have read where people talk about their chams throwing a fit once the thing comes out.

Sadly, Fall has just started and the mountains just east of me are already getting snow... I think ol' Pepps is going to be spending the rest of the year inside.

Great pics!! He seemed to have enjoyed his last day of summer. I live in the midwest, so unfortunately, my chams are pretty much in for the winter too.

aw, he is cute! you don't see too many of those on the forum. Sorry to hear your summer is ending! Ours is just beginning here in Florida! Well, let's just say our really nice weather is coming. I don't think I could ever live where it is cold ever again. i am from Chicago and I know those last days of "Indian Summer" as we called them and then...brrrrr!!

Yeah, the weather has gotten quite nippy here. I don't think it has been above 55 since early last week. I love the winter. Especially skiing and snowboarding. This is my first cham so I hope all of the learning I do now will have me set for the winter.

I am really surprised not many people have Senegals. They are fairly cheep and have wonderful personalities. I guess its probably due to size and lack of extreme colors (minus breeding and gravid). I think Peppers has made a very good beginner chameleon so far. Most people don't read into the care that is required and just hope for the best and that is why I imagine their thought of as fragile. A cheap lizard translates to family pet to a lot of people, and unfortunately, that's not what chameleons are about.

Also, Cainschams, I think its awesome to see another West Virginian on here, nice to meet you, where are you located? I'm north central.

I am from New Martinsville but have lived in Fairmont, too. I Go between New Mart and Maryland a good bit.

You are right about Senegals. Personally I like the colors and patterns but then again I like the "drab" chams. I also think they get the reputation they have from impulse buys because they are cheap, along with the condition some of the wild caughts come in. Looks like you found a great specimen!!!

I am from New Martinsville but have lived in Fairmont, too. I Go between New Mart and Maryland a good bit.

You are right about Senegals. Personally I like the colors and patterns but then again I like the "drab" chams. I also think they get the reputation they have from impulse buys because they are cheap, along with the condition some of the wild caughts come in. Looks like you found a great specimen!!!

Thats cool. I live in Clarksburg and Fairmont (previously for college) I've been through New Martinsville before a few times, mostly for sports.

My fiancee is doing a class project on Senegals and so far she has only gotten positive reviews on the breed especially in the personality field. I may be going a little far here, but I think they bond similar to parrots where they find one person and stick to them very close (mine does this to me. He has almost dove out of his cage while frantically trying to make it to my hands several times and a very similar story was written in her forum topic)

They definatley dont compare to panthers or designers, but they are amazing little things.

I just got my frist chameleon about one week a go. A 6 month old Nosy be but I have been a member for a few months reading and trying to make sure I get everything I needed. Its nice to see a fellow Mountaineer on here. I will be going back to Morgantown for the homecoming game and to try to go up to coppers rocks and get some pics. Are the trees starting to turn colors yet? Man do I miss the mountains.

Lets goooo Mountaineers!

I just got my frist chameleon about one week a go. A 6 month old Nosy be but I have been a member for a few months reading and trying to make sure I get everything I needed. Its nice to see a fellow Mountaineer on here. I will be going back to Morgantown for the homecoming game and to try to go up to coppers rocks and get some pics. Are the trees starting to turn colors yet? Man do I miss the mountains.

Lets goooo Mountaineers!

Its still pretty green here. I would figure by the 23rd we should be getting pretty Autumn'ie. Hopefully it wont stay frigid all month. We got a heat wave today... 60°! Cooper's Rock is an awesome destination during the fall. Such a nice place to go and just enjoy the day.

Its still pretty green here. I would figure by the 23rd we should be getting pretty Autumn'ie. Hopefully it wont stay frigid all month. We got a heat wave today... 60°! Cooper's Rock is an awesome destination during the fall. Such a nice place to go and just enjoy the day.

Thanks Bokaru for the info. I like the last photo of your chameleon.

love that last picture its just so silly! especially with his mouth open its too cute!

While scrolling through the pictures, I noticed a few line up with that one. Looks like peppers is dancing. I'm thinking about loading them into my image editing software and creating a gif out of it.

He's beautiful!! I'm glad you put info on your comments. I'll have to keep an eye out for this breed. :eek:)

Back
Top Bottom