Female Veiled Cham Gravid Colors

beardeds7587

What do you guys think ??

Attachments

• my female.jpg
    my female.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 779
She is gravid! make sure that you have a laying bin big enough for her to utilize and make sure you watch out for any signs of her wanting to lay. has she ever been bred? how old is she? is this her first time being gravid?

Another question, do they show the coloring throughout the entire time before they lay their eggs?

so basically not all females show those same colors right away? because my female hasn't showed any.

this is her colors:

Last edited:
if they are mated they should show those dark colors while the male is still around and the two are still in the same cage...however some of them won't keep the dark background color the whole time they are gravid. They will if they are stressed.

if they are mated they should show those dark colors while the male is still around and the two are still in the same cage...however some of them won't keep the dark background color the whole time they are gravid. They will if they are stressed.

yeah, my female has never showed anything like the first picture ever! but she shows many other signs, aggression, not eating much but now she actually is. any other signs? could she show delayed colors? she hasn't showed yellow and the blackish brown with speckling blue. she has the blues.

sorry it took so long for me to get back to u's i been busy with all my herps and kids lol, but yes her first time bred and it will be her first clutch, and the reason she is showing them dark colors is because as being gravid she seen the male and is letting him know she is gravid and not to be bothered , they aint in same cage they seen eacother because i was taking the male out to put im in his free range tree.... another question i have a bucket as her lay bin its a little more than a foot deep with moist play sand should this be good enough?? Thanks

From my knowledge all you need is 6" so a foot should be plenty. Just make sure it's long and wide enough for her to fit in comfortably

colors

From my experience. there is a slight difference in fertilized and unfertilized veil chams. the fertilized females are a much richer pastel colors. Kinda like glossy vs. matte finish. i only noticed because i had two side by side in cages. when you see side by side, it's a big difference. but to see singulary you may just think she hasn't developed full mature colors or not even notice.

Back
Top Bottom