Female Panther Eye Problems

tecate

Hi guys!
I have a female panther chameleon that is about 1 year old. Recently she hasn't wanted to eat but when I put her in the shower she will drink. She normally really likes meal worms, and has a few crickets roaming in her cage. She started to have this weird clear eye goo in her eye. I thought that the shower would help her get it out, but it hasn't and this morning she started rubbing it on the leave, but that was the first time I saw her do that. Who else has encountered this? She has a mesh cage, a 5.0 UV light, a heat lamp, vines in her cage and when she does eat we dip the worms in calcium powder.(its one of the Repti-___ I just dont have it infront of me. Its the one with D3 too)
Help!

carol5208

Chameleon Enthusiast
It sounds as if there is some type of infection. Probably needs to see a vet. If she was just closing her eyes I would say maybe there was an issue with temps or lighting. By the way what are you temps- cage and basking? What wattage is your heat bulb?. Also you should only be dusting with the calcium with d3 twice a month or so. Get a regular calcium with no d3 to dust your feeders with at every feeding and also a multivitamin to dust with twice a month. Are you gutloading your feeders, meaning what are you feeding them?

Top Bottom