Female panther chameleon hasn’t moved in 3 days, may be laying eggs? Looked like she was turning dark black/ hot pink and being moody…

In this thread back in March you were asked to answer the husbandry questions....you didn't.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/thr...am-really-scared-she-has-broken-limbs.186670/

In his thread, in March, you were asked about the basking temperature and more...you didn't reply...
https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/is-my-chameleon-stressed.186716/

If you had answered the questions and continued the conversation and made any corrections we might have suggested...it's likely that your chameleon wouldn't be in this situation now...because you would have known what needed to be changed. Your cage would have been at the right tomperature so she might have digested her food well enough to poop. (If she's too cold, she can't digest her food.) She would have had a proper light for basking....(we would have recommended a regular household incandescent non-LED bulb for that). We might have known there was an issue with the egglaying.

In THIS thread, you're still not answering the questions well enough....and you haven't posted good photos of her so we can see all of her to determine her health. Or of the lay bin.
I also wonder why you dust the carrots instead if the insects with the vitamin powder and do you use a phos free calcium powder in the insects just before feeding them to the chameleon?

You said..."She hasn’t had a bowl movement since she’s been sitting there for 3 days… but her urinates have been pretty white. I gutload the crickets with carrots covered in a powder with vitamins. Will post a picture in a minute"...I explained about the possible reason for the lack of pooping. Still waiting for clear photos of her showing all of her from the side...be of the laybin.

Sorry to be a little harsh about this but...I'm concerned about your chameleon.
I didn’t join this forum to be harassed and to be given attitude for doing absolutely nothing wrong. Just because this isn’t my main source for information, doesn’t mean I’m not taking proper care of Charlie. Obviously I love her to death, and am trying my hardest to make her living situation the best. I appreciate the help I get on here, but I don’t need to be talked down on or criticized when we are all here for one purpose and that is because we love our pets. I have consulted with vets and other chameleon owners FYI. Thank you.

Up
In this thread back in March you were asked to answer the husbandry questions....you didn't.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/thr...am-really-scared-she-has-broken-limbs.186670/

In his thread, in March, you were asked about the basking temperature and more...you didn't reply...

If you had answered the questions and continued the conversation and made any corrections we might have suggested...it's likely that your chameleon wouldn't be in this situation now...because you would have known what needed to be changed. Your cage would have been at the right tomperature so she might have digested her food well enough to poop. (If she's too cold, she can't digest her food.) She would have had a proper light for basking....(we would have recommended a regular household incandescent non-LED bulb for that). We might have known there was an issue with the egglaying.

In THIS thread, you're still not answering the questions well enough....and you haven't posted good photos of her so we can see all of her to determine her health. Or of the lay bin.
I also wonder why you dust the carrots instead if the insects with the vitamin powder and do you use a phos free calcium powder in the insects just before feeding them to the chameleon?

You said..."She hasn’t had a bowl movement since she’s been sitting there for 3 days… but her urinates have been pretty white. I gutload the crickets with carrots covered in a powder with vitamins. Will post a picture in a minute"...I explained about the possible reason for the lack of pooping. Still waiting for clear photos of her showing all of her from the side...be of the laybin.

Update: her temp now at 76 degrees. She’s moving around like normal. I didn’t mean to say I dusted the carrots in calcium, I dust the crickets in calcium before feeding her. Crickets eat apples and carrots which are dusted in Bites for Roaches, delicious nutritional food + gutload. Has been drinking eating normal. Uses her big bowl in cage for a lay bin. That big yellow dish has soil in it that she uses for a laying bin

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    206 KB · Views: 68
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    220.5 KB · Views: 62
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    178.3 KB · Views: 53
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    196.2 KB · Views: 55
She’s at the back of her cage so it’s hard to get a good pic… but her cage is located high off the ground and all the windows are shut. When she starts gestation period or is stressed I cover her cage up and the room is completely silent

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 49

Her cage looks a little rough… but I haven’t had funds to get a new one unfortunately… the tape is to keep her crickets from getting out

Up

Update: her temp now at 76 degrees. She’s moving around like normal. I didn’t mean to say I dusted the carrots in calcium, I dust the crickets in calcium before feeding her. Crickets eat apples and carrots which are dusted in Bites for Roaches, delicious nutritional food + gutload. Has been drinking eating normal. Uses her big bowl in cage for a lay bin. That big yellow dish has soil in it that she uses for a laying bin

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 47
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 48
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 46
If you loved her to death, “obviously”, you’d come up with the funds to have the appropriate cage and lighting, and you would have done ALL the proper research on what goes into keeping chameleons. A lot of your husbandry is just wrong and that’s all people on here are trying to tell you, cuz from the sounds of it you keep ghosting people who are trying to figure out your situation and help you, that would be frustrating. From the red light, to the cage temp., to you directly spraying her with warm water, to your calcium powder looking 10 years old with holes in it, just not a good look and we’re only trying to help. Notice how her movement went back to normal after raising the temperature by just 9 degrees?

Last edited:
If you loved her to death, “obviously”, you’d come up with the funds to have the appropriate cage and lighting, and you would have done ALL the proper research on what goes into keeping chameleons. A lot of your husbandry is just wrong and that’s all people on here are trying to tell you, cuz from the sounds of it you keep ghosting people who are trying to figure out your situation and help you, that would be frustrating. From the red light, to the cage temp., to your calcium powder looking 10 years old with holes in it, just not a good look and we’re only trying to help. Notice how her movement went back to normal after raising the temperature by just 9 degrees?
As I said before, just because I don’t reply on here constantly does not mean I am not getting information else where. If you’re going to be an asshole I can just take myself off this forum. Her calcium isn’t 10 years old just because the bottle is a little rough. And I don’t need a stranger lecturing me about her cage and telling me I don’t love her because I don’t have the funds to get a new one. You don’t know me or my living situation so back off. I joined looking for help, not to be bitched out

As I said before, just because I don’t reply on here constantly does not mean I am not getting information else where. If you’re going to be an asshole I can just take myself off this forum. Her calcium isn’t 10 years old just because the bottle is a little rough. And I don’t need a stranger lecturing me about her cage and telling me I don’t love her because I don’t have the funds to get a new one. You don’t know me or my living situation so back off. I joined looking for help, not to be bitched out
I feel bad for your chameleon(s) that’s all I gotta say, I’d suggest going some where else if you aren’t open to advice and criticism.

Hi. We do our best here to help anyone who asks for it. In most situations, we have to ask for more information and engage in a dialogue in order to best determine what is needed and actually provide the help requested. It’s fine if someone doesn’t want to follow thru with getting help from the forum...their choice. However, coming back later with issues that we tried and could have helped with previously is obviously frustrating for whomever is trying to help. If you want or need help from the forum, be prepared to provide more information and engage in a dialogue.
All I’m going to do for you now is direct you to a resource where you’ll find the most accurate and up to date guidelines in keeping a chameleon properly. https://chameleonacademy.com/chameleon-husbandry-program-getting-started-with-chameleons/ If you’d like personalized assistance here, just say so and provide answers to the help form. (Copy & paste) https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/how-to-ask-for-help.66/

If you loved her to death, “obviously”, you’d come up with the funds to have the appropriate cage and lighting, and you would have done ALL the proper research on what goes into keeping chameleons. A lot of your husbandry is just wrong and that’s all people on here are trying to tell you, cuz from the sounds of it you keep ghosting people who are trying to figure out your situation and help you, that would be frustrating. From the red light, to the cage temp., to you directly spraying her with warm water, to your calcium powder looking 10 years old with holes in it, just not a good look and we’re only trying to help. Notice how her movement went back to normal after raising the temperature by just 9 degrees?
hey we are trying to be nice on these forums try to say stuff in a nicer way please and thanks

I don’t have anything to say, (as ive only had my chameleon for a few months and I’m still learning), but I wanted wish you luck with your girl

I feel bad for your chameleon(s) that’s all I gotta say, I’d suggest going some where else if you aren’t open to advice and criticism.
You don’t know anything about my chameleon or how I take care of her. I can take criticism, but you also could choose how you give criticism. You can offer advice without verbally attacking someone. Like I said, this isn’t my only source of information. And if you respond to everyone the way you did me, then you’re going to lose aloooot of followers.

Being chewed out isn’t what I call “being nice”. I just wanted advice without being verbally attacked. Or accused of being a bad pet owner because I didn’t fill out a forum that I’ve filled out for a vet and have followed his advice first.
hey could you please stop we are just trying to help

Back
Top Bottom