Female cham colors

littlevillage

There is a female veiled at work that has recently changed colors. We have had her since June. I'm not sure of her exact age. I'm guessing around 7 months. Anyway, she has always been brown. Now all of a sudden she is showing a lot of green. Could this possibly mean that she's gravid with infertile eggs?

She should have bright blue spots and mustard yellowish blotches.
Can you post a picture?
Does she have a place to lay eggs?

What's the roundabout age of your cham? Size and type of enclosure?

Quote = She should have bright blue spots and mustard yellowish blotches.
Can you post a picture?
Does she have a place to lay eggs? Quote

I don't have a picture, it's not my cham. I don't believe she has any blue spots. She has just turned from all brown to brown and greenish yellow.
She doesn't have a place to lay eggs. That's why I'm worried.

She's in a glass display cage. I'm not sure of the size.

That's what I was thinking. Your cham is stressed. Brown is a usual cage stress color. You need to have your cham in an all-screen cage, chams feel threatened by their reflection and also need the air ventilation in the cage. Get a new cage immediately, your cham should always be green, unless she's close to shedding. Keep us updated :)

That's what I was thinking. Your cham is stressed. Brown is a usual cage stress color. You need to have your cham in an all-screen cage, chams feel threatened by their reflection and also need the air ventilation in the cage. Get a new cage immediately, your cham should always be green, unless she's close to shedding. Keep us updated :)

As I said before....This is not my chameleon. It's a chameleon at the pet store where I work. All 3 of mine of mine are in screen cages.

Oh ok I'm sorry, I missed that part. The cham is definitely stressed, but will start showing blue and yellow spots/stripes at about 5-6 months old.

Since you work there can you not provide her with a container of washed playsand? It only needs to be big enough for her to fit into when empty with about 2" to spare on all sides including above and below.

I have had veiled females that are quite brown (not from stress....just their natural color)....they still get the blue and yellow marks when then are old enough to lay eggs.

Back
Top Bottom