Feeding viel Fruit & Veggies?

kelsxox

Can i feed my female vielded chameleon (6-7 months old) fruits and vegetables? & If so what kind & in what matter (chopped up?, in a bowl?)

yes.
bananas
strawberries
bell pepper
mustard greens
collard greens
dandilion leaves
grapes (peeled)

and i would slice them up, thin slices, and you can put them in a bowl, or on a leaf. wherever she can find them

You can use dandelion greens, kale, collards, endive, escarole, mustard greens, slivers of carrot, squash, zucchini, sweet red pepper, sweet potato and a bit of fruit (apple, pear, melon, berries, etc.).

yes.
bananas
strawberries
bell pepper
mustard greens
collard greens
dandilion leaves
grapes (peeled)

and i would slice them up, thin slices, and you can put them in a bowl, or on a leaf. wherever she can find them

I have never tried this yet, do the shoot them like crickets or just chew on them? Just wondering, I think I will give it a try. Will they naturally eat them or will it take some getting used to?

I have never tried this yet, do the shoot them like crickets or just chew on them? Just wondering, I think I will give it a try. Will they naturally eat them or will it take some getting used to?

i honetly cant tell you. but thats because my guy refuses to eat them.

My veiled chameleon just goes right up to it and takes a huge bite and chews it really well, I only can get mine to eat hibicus leaves but am going to try some grapes.

14 years ago had a female veil that excaped on Camp Pendleton and lived in a eucalyptus tree for 10 months. Once she was recaptured her feces contained bugs, eucalyptus flowers, and mostly eucalyptus leaves. (i thought they were poisonous) Would not recommend it though.

You can use dandelion greens, kale, collards, endive, escarole, mustard greens, slivers of carrot, squash, zucchini, sweet red pepper, sweet potato and a bit of fruit (apple, pear, melon, berries, etc.).
Ok well maybe it'll be good trying while she's still young, cause then she can have some variety in her diet other than mealworms and crickets.. Is there any worries of giving her too much fruit because of the vitamin A? What about oranges?

& For sweat potato and stuff would i have to boil it first? Or give it too her raw?

ever cool! i put blueberrys in there in between some branches and when i went back they were gone! i wounder if she'll eat the strawberrys!

i caught mine eating pothos leaves, so i switched the plant out for a hibiscus. he doesnt eat fruits or veggies, just tears the hibiscus pland up. he likes the flowers too!

Back
Top Bottom