Feeding after a panther's 1st B-Day

Mambo

Ok so I have a 14 month old Panther Chameleon.. I have been feeding him roughly 8-10 crickets per day, sikipping one day a week, every now and then. Anyhow I was wondering at what point should I stop this routine and begin another..If so what new routine should I start?? As in how many crickets/ how many days out of the weeks, as I believe that they can be fed less after a year???

Ok so I have a 14 month old Panther Chameleon.. I have been feeding him roughly 8-10 crickets per day, sikipping one day a week, every now and then. Anyhow I was wondering at what point should I stop this routine and begin another..If so what new routine should I start?? As in how many crickets/ how many days out of the weeks, as I believe that they can be fed less after a year???

I'd start feeding him 8-10 every other day depending on the size of the feeders..try to give him more than just crickets..try silkworms and dubia roaches.

Once your chameleon has become fully grown, it is recommended to start feeding abut the same amount every other day to keep up their appetite and to decrease hunger strikes. One way to judge if it's almost time for decreased feedings is to measure the time between the sheds. If his sheds are closer to every month opposed to every other week, I would assume he is about ready to go to every other day. Using this regimen, I dust every other time I feed. Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom