Feeders question

theokets

Guys how do you manage to find and feed your chams so many types of food ? i mean, i read some diarys and people feed different insect everyday! how is that possible. do u have all these at home and producin em ??!!

Many of us keep several bug types on hand.

Some breed, some just buy.

many of us buy offline from site sponsors.

I keep

Crickets
Dubias
Silkworms
hornworms
Superworms
mantids

I keep

crickets
green banana roaches
spanish orange isopods
meal worms (for treats)
fruit flies ( for frogs)

I buy

Phoenix worms
silkworms
horn worms
wax worms also for treats.
butter worms occasionally for variety:)

My secret? about half of all the items listed are WC ( Wild Caught and Wild Collected) These i will put a 1 next to.

Or they are CB ( Captive Bred, and Home Grown) These i will put a 2 next to.

Very Few are Store Bought. These i will put a 3 next to.

For insects:
I Feed the Following Regularly:
Crickets 2 3
Dubia Roaches 2
Blue Bottle Flies 1 2
Soldier Flies 2
Moths 1
Phoenix Worms 2 3
Grasshoppers 1

I Feed the Following in Small Amounts:
Bee Flies ( Not sure the exact name so i'll use a folk name) 1
Non Toxic Butterflies ( USE CAUTION) 1
Wax worms ( Very rarely if at all) 3

For fruits and veggies:
I Feed the Following Regularly:
Mustard Greens 2
Collard Greens 3
Dandelion Greens 1 2 3
Dandelion Flowers 1 2
Celery Greens 2

I Feed the Following in Small Amounts:

Shredded Carrot (Sliced to smaller bites, Not Chunks) 1 2 3
Cucumber 3
Zucchini 3
Black Berries 1 2
Blue Berries 1
Strawberries 1 3

I hope this helps out!

Guys how do you manage to find and feed your chams so many types of food ? i mean, i read some diarys and people feed different insect everyday! how is that possible. do u have all these at home and producin em ??!!

It's not difficult.
And its very much worth the minimal effort for the health and happiness of the animals we're responsible for.

I breed a few bugs, I buy a few types of bugs (there are many online vendors, you're not just limited to your local shops), and in season I catch some in nature.
I also spent considerable effort and energy convincing a local pet store to start stocking more than the standard crickets and mealworms. It took a couple years, but now even if I dont feel like placing an order online, I can still easily pick up a few choices (costs a little more, but the convenience is nice) any time I like.

sounds great all that :) but you know any european companies who send in Greece? thats my main problem, cause i think i ll have to buy lots of :D dont have space to breed alot of em. prolly 1-2 kinds max

Back
Top Bottom