feeder breeding

jah

Anyone know any worm type feeders that would be not too complicated to breed?, picked up some butterworms and silkworms today. My guy seems to really like them, would like to feed more regularly to save some money. If anyone had any guides to this it'd be greatly appreciated:)

i just finished breeding silkworms and there expected to hatch next wednesday and im breeding horworms right now ive got one out of pupa:D 8 more to go:)

i just finished breeding silkworms and there expected to hatch next wednesday and im breeding horworms right now ive got one out of pupa:D 8 more to go:)

thats awesome! was it hard to do? is there a site you learnt from?! hoping to get started on something like that soonn

it want really hard to do you just gotta work at it i did alot of learning and asking pros questions and with all the help and knowledge i was able to do it:D

it want really hard to do you just gotta work at it i did alot of learning and asking pros questions and with all the help and knowledge i was able to do it:D

any tips? lol have no clue where to even start. From what im guessing you gotta grow them out till they go into a cocoon, they get it on, and eggs come?

Ha ha, chameleoman seems to be leaving you hanging. That's why I showed up.

I really liked this thread entitled Silworms 101 and also this hornworm website entitled Manduca Project. Now kiss away the next couple hours and you'll be armed and dangerous with some worm breeding knowledge!

IF you want ill post a huge reply on how to breed both 1 HUGE reply on how to breed silks AND 1 HUGE reply on how to breed hornworms im a no life so it dont bug me to do it:p

IF you want ill post a huge reply on how to breed both 1 HUGE reply on how to breed silks AND 1 HUGE reply on how to breed hornworms im a no life so it dont bug me to do it:p

haha that would be amazinggggg!, been reading and watching videos the last little bit, but again would appreciate it immensely writing a detailed step-by-step blog on how to successfully breed them:)

atm i have 3 mantis ooths(spelling is probally wrong)
and a mini waxworm thing going on

the mantis i lucked across and layed for me multiple times and may lay again if im super lucky! cant say any scucess yet becuase they havent hatched out yet.

the waxworms i just left alone in the bedding they came in. took out the dead and waited. they soon became cacoons and as of yesterday i had 3 moths(2 flew away but i actually found one) so...i have 2 moths. but there about 3 more left to hatch out. hopefully they will have babies. for that i gave them the same bedding as waxworms get + balled up waxpaper for the babies.

both my little projects arnt compleate and that probally didnt help to much with anything. just some ideas+ my own experience. but goodluck.

Roaches are extremely easy to breed for food. Supers and mealworms come in second.

The issue with moth/butterfly larvae rearing is that most types of caterpillars are specific feeders (like silkworms) and they require very clean conditions. They also tend to reproduce poorly after a generation or two unless you have highly specialized diets for them. Chows are nothing like the real leaves though.

that sucks i just typed a really really long post about breeding silks and my safari crashed:( im so mad right now but i will still wright a blog about how to bred both horns and silks then ill pm u and tell u to looks at it:D but right now my computer needs to cool down its really hot ill get to work in a few hours:D

shittyyy, ive had that done a few times, never a fun time! I wish I could get my hands on some roaches, their apparently illegal here in Canada, so impossible to find unless theres someone with a colony cooking up illegally in someones basement(don't see why their illegal besides maybe a little infestation) but i'll try out the silks, hopefully get some luck with em

Back
Top Bottom