explorium !!!!

Scooter

I ordered an "explorium" for Dipped in Butter, and it arrived today. It is a popup mesh enclosure that hangs up. I ordered the medium, and it is pretty big.

I wanted something so that I could have Butter go outside for a few hours. I live in the desert, and I wanted something that I could put in or under a tree, so he could have filtered sunlight.

I arrived home from work, and popped it open, hosed it off, put in a vine, and hung it from a branch of the pear tree. I put little Butter in there, and at first he was so mad at me, but when I checked on him after a half hour, he was bright green, and had his little head stretched out toward the sun !!

He only got an hur and a hlf of outside time, as it got really windy, but I figure that a couple days of an hour and a half or two outside is better than no natural sunshine at all...right ?

It is a great product for me, folds down flat in a carrying case in about two seconds. I"m very happy with it.

I ordered the same today. This way I can give my male some time outside everyday. It really is pretty neat. I might even use it as a feeding cage. This way I can avoid the crickets all over my house or at least limit it. It is also great when you need to clean out their regular cage.

but I figure that a couple days of an hour and a half or two outside is better than no natural sunshine at all...right ?

Definitely. I can't remember if I read it or my vet mentioned it but supposedly we get enough UV exposure in So Cal that just a couple hours every day, or almost, is enough to maintain proper d3 levels in the blood.

Back
Top Bottom