Exo Terra

Ren

Who here uses Exo-Terra glass enclosures for babies? What size do you use? How many babies do you put into one? How long do you leave them in it? What lighting fixtures and so on.... when do i start with basking light?

when i first got into the I bought a medium fresh air habitat for the 2 of my chams it is like 12x24x36 i can see how they would have had a hard time finding food had i not put flies in there as they spent a lot of time on the ceiling...any help would be good im trying to give the best for my new little critters

I am also looking at the Fluorescent compact bulbs, Ive heard some say they aren't as good as the tubes, but when i read about them , it says differently, can someone show me the graphs that show differences of tubes over compacts?

Ren:

A very accomplished breeder told me that they actually damaged the eyes of baby chams using Compact 10.0s. They discovered that the initial light that these bulbs produce is not uniform when they are initially replaced. Some produce well in excess of the spec UVB intensity . THey approached the manufacturer, but I don't know if anything came of it???

What about the 5.0 compacts? with such a short cage this would be more than sufficient I would think...

Back
Top Bottom