Enclosure for baby jackson

Zingaling

Ok heres some info about my enclosure i put together for my jackson. He/she about 5 or 6 weeks of age, i still dont know if its a male or female.
I have a 18-18-36 screen cage. Reptisun 5.0 coil. And a ficus plant.
I heard coils dont put out enough uvb so im going to replace that in the future. Or should i replace asap? Hes only about 5 weeks so he should be fine for now right?

Also i bought this ficus plant but dont know what kind of ficus it is. It was labeled as ficus variegated. Heres a pic of it.

http://s1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg600/zingaling1/?action=view&current=1343464647.jpg
Any input will be greatly appreaciated since im still new at making sure my chameleon has the best possible home. Thanks for your support.

Looks like golden ficus to me witch Is fine, I've got a massive one of these in my conservatory witch I put my chams on and I would gave thought that bulb would be fine, you don't want to over do babies with d3 anyway so I don't see a problem

Thats a ficus, and a very nice one too :)

I would replace that little currly-q bulb and pitch it ASAP, but a week
or so wont hurt your cham.

A 18 x 36 cage is kinda large for a baby, it makes it hard to find and feed them. And you will never get to see if he is actually eating and drinking.
It's just too hard to keep an eye on them.
I shouldnt talk though, I did the same thing with my baby Nosy be and it takes me an hour to find the little guy!!!

Babies need baby cages so they can be monitored at this criticle stage of their life.

Thanks i thought it was nice too. And also i didnt want to build a smaller cage and have to build a bigger one when it gets older, so i decided to build a big one to begin with. And i forgot to mention, i hand feed. But its a pain trying to catch small crickets. As for the light ill just use it for now and see how it goes. But i will have to replace it sooner or later.
Thanks for your help and opinions.

Crickets are a pain, I have to keep different sizes of them to feed adults and babies. Not much fun at feeding time ;)

Back
Top Bottom