Eggs are here..... need a little help

poker01619

My lil girl just laid her first clutch. I'm going to use hatchrite, but i'm worried about what to contain them in. What works best? Does it need to be air tight? How much water should i mix with the hatchrite? Also what temp should I start out at.

Can't tell you anything about hatchrite....but I keep my eggs in shoe-box sized tupperware type containers. I fill them half full with slightly moist coarse-grained vermiculite and lay the eggs in rows in dents made with my thumb. I put two tiny holes in the lids of the containers.

Hatchrite out of an unopened bag you shouldn't have to add water. But just to make sure take a pinch and roll it between your fingers, it should feel moist. If not add a little(very little) and recheck... What kind of chameleon eggs will you be incubating? It does make a difference on temps.

she's an ambilobe panther, so should I seal the container or poke a few holes?

Don't seal the container tight shut! Yes, poke some holes and keep it in a cool, dark place...around 65F-70F... check the moisture every other week, add a tea spoon of water in a corner of your container, and in few months your babies will pop out!

Hey are these the females u got off me??
an is the male that is the poppa my ol boy??
let me know man i call dibs on a male when they popp.

hey

I crossed one of the girls with my ambanja. The aggressive one of the two. That ambilobe male doesn't want to breed. He has a prblem with his eye. He was blinking a lot when I got him. Maybe you noticed what I'm talking about. Now he needs a lot of TLC. I'll post some pics later, 35 eggs in her first clutch! They are all about the size of a dime. Pure white, thats a very good sign.:)

Don't seal the container tight shut! Yes, poke some holes and keep it in a cool, dark place...around 65F-70F... check the moisture every other week, add a tea spoon of water in a corner of your container, and in few months your babies will pop out!

I seal my containers tight shut and have had no issues, however, I check on them once a week, letting fresh air to get in. I never had to add more water after the first time.

Hmm thats strange i never really noticed a problem with his eye, I hope he gets better soon.
Well im glad the females are doing good, keep me posted on when they hatch.

Back
Top Bottom