egg laying?

kinyonga

Chameleon Queen
Assuming she's a veiled or panther...around 5 months of age should be safe...but the odd chameleon can lay even earlier than that depending partly on the rate of growth.

nikkibella

Thanks Jan that was really helpful, i will get a bin ready now so i am prepared when she does start but i am so worried it will go wrong and i will lose her.
reading your blog should give me a good head start thanks again :)

jannb

Chameleon Enthusiast
Thanks Jan that was really helpful, i will get a bin ready now so i am prepared when she does start but i am so worried it will go wrong and i will lose her.
reading your blog should give me a good head start thanks again :)

You are welcome. I'm glad that you found it helpful. Laying ALWAYS scares me. It's just sometime you have to go through if you keep a female. Are you keeping her cooler and feeding her less? Sometimes that will stop them from laying or at least they produce a smaller clutch.

nikkibella

Hi Jan I have had Bella for about a month now and she is great, i have been talking to the shop i got her from to try and figure how much i should be feeding her, they told me 4/5 crickets 2/3 times a day and a couple of worms she has also had grated and chopped apple and turnip (although she did not seem fond of them) I am sure she would just keep eating even happy eating out of my hand.
Do you agree with what they have said or do you think i should feed her differently ??
I really want to make sure i do the right things for her.:)

Top Bottom