Egg box for C calyptratus

zarko

My female is gravid for last 32 days. She didn’t start digging but she has a whiter line, she is on the ground and more aggressive. She has a big laying box like a pot for the plants.and it is filled with pot soil.
Should I put send (moist) ?
And should I make a big laying box outside of here terrarium filled with substrate. or it should work with one that is in here terrarium?

How big is it? Moist soil should be OK-you could even mix it with sand but at this point if it is big enough I wouldn't mess with it or she could not want to use it and not lay.

you still havent said how big your lay box is??? and the moist dirt has to about ten inches deep at the minimum in your lay box and if possible please post a pictures of your cham and her setup its helps alot more

the lay box is about 25cm deep (it is circural shape so ) 2R would be around 30-35cm...
ill post pic as soon i get one ..thanks

ok aslong as your lay box can fit your female in there and so she can dig a tunnel and have abit of room to move around to pile the dirt up and she should be fine , just make sure not to bug her when shes in the process or she will think your out to get her and may possibly stop digging and become egg bound by holding in her eggs so a old towel wwith a peep hole should do you fine to check up on her

yeph ..thanks...i did that...like a screen...
thanks... i am just nerovous cause she is not digging. she has all the pots for plats inside too...last time (at friends house) she deposited here eggs in a pot without extra box ...i hoppe shes gonna find here a sutible one...

Back
Top Bottom